Shane Long

And half of them were against us
Good point ! I had a feeling that he was often our nemesis. He frequently came on as a sub in the second half to score a goal against us, if i recall correctly. I'm pretty sure it happened two or three times during our time in the PL. It got to the point where I started dreading Saints bringing him on when we were defending a lead :confused:

Good point ! I had a feeling that he was often our nemesis. He frequently came on as a sub in the second half to score a goal against us, if i recall correctly. I'm pretty sure it happened two or three times during our time in the PL. It got to the point where I started dreading Saints bringing him on when we were defending a lead :confused:
That's fine. Sign him and bench him, then when we play them next...........oh!

We are short of players that will work their b*llocks off for the team so shipping a few people who don't want to be here and getting a workhorse in is fine by me. Our problem is confidence and attitude.
agree as or else just have Surridge and Anthony as back up to Dom.
Always quite liked long as still pretty quick, runs and runs and think potentially creates opportunities for others?

His current salary is £60k pw making him the 2nd highest earner at the club.
For a striker thats 34 and hasn't hit 10 goals in a season since 2015...

Can't predict how this will turn out, but what Long does do well is read the game well and take up different positions to his strike partner. When we see Solanke go near post, Long is good at going far post or penalty spot. I would expect we will see a lot of Stacey pull backs to Long.

His scoring record reflects lack of starts and coming on when games are being closed down.

All in all, Out: King, Simpson, Oforborh; In : Wilshere, Pearson, Long. Reasonable window losing three peripheral players (based on appearances) and not so many changes that will make it hard to integrate new players with upgrades.

;