Sheff Utd starting lineup?

Lazio and Lyonais games were like chalk and cheese to me. I came away from Lazio shocked at how bad our defending was. Some of the Lazio goals looked pretty embarrassing. One thing is obvious - we can't let Ake go. He is the still the rock that defence rests on.

Having said that Lyonnais were a different matter. Our frontline attack looked sharp and the new talent really impressed. Billing played some great balls forward and looked worth the hype. Danjuma played a great game just days after arriving and, again, looked well worth the investment. But what about Kilkenny? What a revelation. I'd heard the hype, but even before his goal he looked sensational - fast and with great touches. I felt I was watching a future superstar. All in all - this squad looks great if players can stay fit. I'm looking for a higher league finish and congrats to Eddie and the team on the summer's transfer work.

Just one off-key note. What is Rico doing in the team? Every touch looks mediocre sadly. He's never looked great and isn't getting any better.

Do you usually bet with other people’s money Neil?

FWIW I think the team will be:

Boruc
Smith, Cook, Ake, Rico
Ibe, Billing, Lerma, Fraser
King, Wilson

Expecting Surman to come on for Billing after about 70 minutes.

It would be very very unusual for Eddie to start any player who hasn’t had a full preseason. I’d be very surprised if Billing, who hasn’t been involved in a first team for six months, starts.

I’d like to see what you describe, don’t get me wrong, but I can’t see it.

It would be very very unusual for Eddie to start any player who hasn’t had a full preseason.

I agree, that is normally true but you appear to have included Steve Cook!

If he's in there's no reason why Billing can't start too, particularly as Surman appeared to take a knock on Friday.

I agree, that is normally true but you appear to have included Steve Cook!

If he's in there's no reason why Billing can't start too, particularly as Surman appeared to take a knock on Friday.

Sorry. I meant very unusual for Eddie to start a new player unfamiliar with the Bournemouth way unless they had a preseason. Cook will be like an old glove.

However if Surman is injured then Billing will start for sure. I didn’t see that knock.

after watching both Lazio and lyon I would say boruc has to start
travers looked confident but he not ready yet in my opinion
ramsdale he looked very uncomfortable with the ball today
begovic well to say he was poor would be nice to him enough said.
both butcher and kilkenny looked good I think they will be in and around first team this season at some point but a loan for 6 months would be good
not sure if anyone else noticed but friday night fraser looked constantly pissed off with people around him hopefully it was just a off night
Hardly surprising when you get selected for the B team attack :-(

-------------Boruc-------------
Smith----Cook---Ake----Rico
-------Lerma------Billing-------
Ibe----------King----------Fraser
-------------Wilson-------------

Subs: Travers, Stacey, Mepham, Danjuma, Ofoborh, Kilkenny, Solanke

Now that pre-season is done, I'd go with this. Hearing that Surman took a knock, so Ofoborh more than earns a spot on the bench IMO, as does Kilkenny. I'm going with Boruc in goal for experience. I'd like Ramsdale to get a good Championship loan, better than fighting for the No2 spot for now. Begovic can be 3rd choice.

Daniels has barely been back from injury, and Stacey and Rico both have looked better anyway, so I really can't see how EH can justify starting him over these two? Ibe has looked tentatively decent in pre-season, so he gets the nod over Danjuma for the time being, who I have no doubt will be starting for us very soon over him anyway.

If Billing isn't ready for 90 minutes, I'd love to see Ofoborh get some minutes in CDM.

;