Sheff Utd starting lineup?

Having not seen the last two friendlies did we still line up as a a 4-4-2, it looked like it might of been more of a 4-3-3?

I like the look of the solidity in the middle, just get a feeling that it will end up looking more like this, which will be exciting if nothing else

----------------Boruc
--------------Ake---Cook
---------Billing---------Lerma
Stacey--------------------------Smith
------Wilson----King----Fraser
----------------Wilson

Stacey, Billing, Danjuma, H.Wilson - How likely are so many new faces to appear on Saturday. It'd be very rare to see so many jump straight in the side.

Danjuma has already played a league game so must be match fit, I would start him or H Wilson straight away.

Does seem Harry Wilson is more of a no10? Certainly with Billing now here gives us the option of 2 midfields just sitting and mopping everything up then 4 forwards interchanging regularly.

Certainly got lots of options now and these first couple games in particular will be an opportunity for a good start!

I don’t often disagree with the majority in here. But if We start Ibe and two number sixes in our starting lineup we will be relegated in my opinion.

I don’t often disagree with the majority in here. But if We start Ibe and two number sixes in our starting lineup we will be relegated in my opinion.

We could start Ibe at right back every game this season and we’d probably still stay up (barring no injury crisis), the rest of the squad is just too strong.

Starting him at home to Sheff Utd on the wing is hardly going to cost us the 10-15 points required for us to be relegated!

It'll be interesting to see who is named in the 25 man squad. Am I right in thinking these need to be submitted the day after transfer deadline day ie this Friday?

I know we did traditional XI numbers recently but I still have to double take at what you mean by “two number sixes” as to me a number 6 is a centre back.

I’m also very much looking forward to playing Lerma and Billing together. Two central midfielders capable of playing the deeper holding role but both can burst forward when possible (so a number 8).

It’s going to give our front four potentially even more freedom to be creative.

I don't think anyone really wants 2 number 4s (or 6s if you like, but 6 is CB for me) against Sheffield Utd, but we're not really sure who is actually fit enough to play in the middle. Pulling a winger or defender in is an extreme move as vision is so important in that position. The only central midfielders we've seen, trust, and know are fit are Lerma, and Oforbh. Gosling out, question marks over fitness of Billing and Surman, but folk want to see the new guy

edit: I typed this a few hours ago but didn't get around to finishing it, glad I'm not alone in thinking the numbers are different though

I know we did traditional XI numbers recently but I still have to double take at what you mean by “two number sixes” as to me a number 6 is a centre back.

I’m also very much looking forward to playing Lerma and Billing together. Two central midfielders capable of playing the deeper holding role but both can burst forward when possible (so a number 8).

It’s going to give our front four potentially even more freedom to be creative.

For us in the US I suppose a six is a defensive midfielder that doesn’t go forward much. An 8 is box to box mid fielder.

;