Sheff Utd starting lineup?

Believe the rule on GK loans is you can have an emergency 24 hour recall...but only if 2 senior keepers are injured.

This means if one of Boruc or Begovic were injured, we’d probably have Will Dennis on the bench which might be a risk too far

The preseason race is run and I would imagine, barring something monumental happening in the last week, EH will now know his starting XI for next weekend. From what I've seen, this is who I think it will be:

GK: Boruc - Almost by default after the other three blew it in the final friendlies

RB: Smith
CB: S Cook - Not challenged by Mepham's preseason performances
CB: Ake
LB: Daniels (if fit enough) / Rico (if not) - Rico should be the man but a weak showing v Lyon may cost him

LW: Fraser
CM: Lerma
CM: Billing - Looked absolutely ready v Lyon and could dovetail nicely with Lerma
RW: Ibe - Did enough v Lazio to be given the chance to reclaim the spot

ST: King
ST: Wilson

SUBS
Solanke
Kilkenny/Surridge
Danjuma
Surman
Stacey (allows us to cover both fullbacks as Smith can switch sides)
Mepham
Travers

Rico is a worry going forward but defensively he’s much improved. Last season he was basically a training cone, not knowing whether to engage his opponent or stand off.

Today his positional sense was 100% better. He blocked a number of crosses and on the rare times Lyon did get in down his side he did enough to put the attacker off balance. If defending is the main priority in a full back (which it probably isn’t) then he’d be our starter.

I'd be concerned if Ibe started. I couldn't see him fitting well into today's team. Makes too many mistakes, loses the ball and puts the team on the back foot. Some good runs last night are counter balanced by the times he lost the ball/ ran into trouble.

My God if Ibe is starting the season I highly recommend you guys hold off on buying season tickets for next year until championship league prices are announced.

Strange, most of us on here went in League Two why would we all of a sudden stop going if we were relegated?

Extra games, a widely entertaining league from top to bottom. Potentially a chance to win more games than we lose...it almost sounds appealing.

Regardless of all of that though, Eddie Howe would not get this side relegated simply because he played Jordon Ibe. I think even Druss would agree with that. ;)

Boruc
Stacey Cook Ake Smith
Kilkenny Billing Lerma Fraser
King Wilson
Danujma Ibe Solanke Ramsdale Surman Rico Mepham
on
the bench

Boruc
Smith
Cook
Ake
Rico
Ibe
Lerma
Billing
Fraser
King
Wilson

Travers
Stacey
Mepham
Surman
Kilkenny
Danjuma
Solanke
You look at that squad and you say "how good can it be when we can add back L. Cook, Francis, Brooks, and Kelly ... and also Charlie and Gosling". However, we seemed to say that all last season. At full strength, we would certainly have enough depth to make a decent cup attempt.

Strange, most of us on here went in League Two why would we all of a sudden stop going if we were relegated?

Extra games, a widely entertaining league from top to bottom. Potentially a chance to win more games than we lose...it almost sounds appealing.

Regardless of all of that though, Eddie Howe would not get this side relegated simply because he played Jordon Ibe. I think even Druss would agree with that. ;)

enjoyed away games a lot when i was kid in league 1 and 2 . ive seen us play in every league except the prem as that happened after my move to the USA but maybe one day

------------------Boruc/Ramsdale (seriously toss a coin)
Smith--Cook/Mepham(fitness)--Ake----Rico
--------------Lerma-----Billing
Ibe---------------King---------------DangerMouse
-----------------WIlson

Subs: Stacey, Oforboh, Surman, Kilkenny, Fraser, Solanke

Boruc

Smith
Ake
Cook
Rico

Ibe
Lerma
Billing
Fraser

King
Wilson

Bench: Begovic,Solanke,Mepham,Stacey,Daniels,Surman,Danjuma

Not sure that I would throw in the youngsters like Kilkenny and Oboforah just yet?

Boruc
Smith Cook Ake Daniels
Ibe Lerma Surman Fraser
King Wilson
Bench: Ramsdale, Mepham, Rico, Stacey, Billing, Danjuma, Solanke

;