Sheff utd - The Verdict.

Positives though .... at least there was fight and effort today.

No injuries that I heard of and great to see King on for game time.

Not sure Junior added much but at least he's fit. Lerma suspension is over.

Rico still improving and Ake as always played well.

Less faffing around playing from the back and some decent long ball visionary passes from the boys

Thought we looked v good up until we scored!
Then I guess the mentality of where we are in the table kicked in and we started to try and contain rather than expand.
Let’s face it we’ve never been comfortable trying to hold a lead for more than 25 mins.
Not sure the subs added anything but as they potential won’t be here next season I can see Eddies reasoning.

On the plus side the two who were subbed I thought both had good attacking and at times defensively games.
H Wilson continues to go up in my estimation.

i hink let them is a bit harsh at home we deserved to win we "gave" them a point but today we were out played they deserved the 3 points
I'm always going to come from a biased perspective. I thought they were terrible for 30 mins, and then huffed a bit and got another lucky deflection in the box. However that was our fault for sitting back and inviting them on. Second half they did nothing, and scored a fairly well worked goal while we stood and watched them. Out played no. Out 'desired' absolutely.

Points thrown away that. They aren't that good and we aren't that bad. I thought we created more than them second half but we still managed to lose. Ordinarily you'd say if we continue to play like that we'll be alright but we've thrown too many games away already. Still, at least we look like we could win some games now, which we definitely didn't a few games back.

Al's right too, we're a team of shithouses.

Over the full ninety, the fair result would have been a draw. Simple as that. We had as many chances as they did after all. Haven't seen much mention here of that brilliant save by Henderson from Fraser at 1-1, I believe that goes in and we win the game. Fine lines.

Despite Owen Hargreaves wetting himself, Sheffield didn't batter us at all. They actually had some spells of pressure and then the game evened off again. The game was lost because we switched off at the end .

I see Billing and Gosling covered more ground than anyone else on the pitch, that at least shows now that we are working harder, we are trying, we are fighting for each other, a whole lot more than a few weeks ago.

I'm also not so annoyed as Al with supposed 'rolling around'. Every time it was a foul. And as the away team, against a determined set of players and a noisy crowd, I don't think it was daft to slow the game down. Especially when we were leading.

Good for 35 mins but wasted opportunities to create something worthwhile when near their box. Fraser the worst culprit for this, looking for a cute pass instead of having a shot. Some nice passing, spreading the ball from right to left and some good ball retention, however, with the amount of ball Sheff U look to get in to the box we always seemed to look a bit shaky. Lots of panicky hurried clearances which seemed to bounce around our box. Just a lack of composure. Still not sure why S Cook is on the bench, Francis didn't fill me confidence although Ake was superb. Their equaliser was coming. We couldn't get the ball away and hold possession. Lots of hoofs upfield just to relieve pressure. Problem was it just kept coming back. Some of Rambo's decisions were a bit rash but I guess the weather didn't help with balls whipped in to the box. Scrappy goal to concede, the first one, a shame we couldn't have held out for a couple more minutes. 3 minutes was alot to add on but let's be honest some of our players did spend a fair amount of time rolling around on the floor. Second half wasn't an improvement although a good shot from Fraser brought a decent save from their keeper. Their second goal came literally seconds after bringing Stan on. Maybe we switched off for a second. I thought we were worthy of a draw but sheff utd are a well drilled outfit. Very fit, organised, players from lower leagues without bags of skill but who as team fight for everything and each other. Kind of like us a few years ago. I felt our performance lacked the intensity and fight of our two previous victories. We now have to rely on other teams dripping points which isn't good when destiny is out of your own hands. Overall, once we took the lead I thought we'd go on and win, alas, not to be . We move on to the next one.

So predictable, conceding late goals.You just know end of first half and again end of second half And it happens time and time again,all the excellent work for nothing.

Interesting assessment just now on Radio 5 ... quite sympathetic, no “tinpot” etc rubbish. Key points:

- Eddie’s getting everything a manager can expect in terms of effort and commitment;

- most performances have nonetheless been stale and ineffectual;

- the management has not “freshened up” the squad and is paying the price;

- next games are tough and we’re on the slide.

Losing to SheffU by a goal is no disgrace - others have fared worse. But the general points above are correct. Biggest mistake - not recruiting a couple of experienced heads in January. Stubborn Eddie - convinced he could revitalise the squad on the training pitch. But every team needs new blood ... and we missed the crucial opportunity.

[QUOTE="
I'm also not so annoyed as Al with supposed 'rolling around'. Every time it was a foul. And as the away team, against a determined set of players and a noisy crowd, I don't think it was daft to slow the game down. Especially when we were leading.[/QUOTE]

All about opinions.
I thought we were a big fat f*****g disgrace. (Not performance wise, cheating wise)
The sort of team we have moaned about and hated over the years,
Stoke, Cardiff, WBA amongst others.

Lots of people saying a fair result would of been a draw, radio included, for fu@ks sake.....fair or not ,that is not what's going to keep us up....we need to be harder all round the pitch.......trying to play football the "right way " is out the window, it's only points that count now, we end up defending deep all the time ,it does my head in.
Rant over

i thought gosling played well his touch at time was still poor, but he started alot of movements for us but the final ball from the player after gosling often let the team down, one day we will get a big effort and a intelligent game where players will all read the game

So here we are ..Burnley next and the 3 points v Chelsea.
Back to More Questions than answers today!

Also ..once again today....discussion on Talksport about ' Where are Bournemouth heading ? Has it all gone stale after 5 years ? ...Eddie Howes ' intensive training' and how some players maybe cant handle it !
Osman saying most of it...and also saying similar about Palace, Brighton. Watford. with regard to ' where are they going?..and Leeds!
Saying generally that he would worry for these clubs !

Surman was a problem. He played Lerma’s position but obviously you can’t expect him to the things Jeff does without the ball. What you do need is him to be accurate with his passing which he wasn’t today. Very frustrating because at times we needed someone to put their foot on the ball and ping a few passes to take the sting out the game

;