Sheff Utd - The Verdict.

Poor performance! I don't think you can play with 3 centre halfs and 2 holding midfielders, where's your creativity going to come from? Particularly against Sheffield utd, who were clearly there for the taking. I thought he should of gone 442 at half time and brought on Wilson or even Ibe. Similar to Newcastle last season, it seemed we were just waiting for them to score.

Last edited by a moderator:
Billing and Lerma too similar and often found themselves playing too close to our goal. The space between them and Wilson and Kingy was often far too big. I'd forgotten King was even playing throughout the game.

Aside from that they all looked unfit. I realise it takes a few games to get match fit, but even so. They looked way off.

I think three at the back needlessly draws teams onto us. Especially when Rico doesn't seem to know where to be.

Yes. There is nothing wrong with any system if you play it properly. When Chelsea came here in their title winning system with Conte, Moses was their right back and was a winger all game. The three at the back defended all game stepping across to cover the absent full backs...

We always end up with five at the back whenever the other team has the ball which means when we get it back we don’t have fast options.

We have a coaching team that only played and only can coach one system. I shudder every time we don’t play 4-4–2 despite knowing it is right to move on from it.

Billing and Lerma too similar and often found themselves playing too close to our goal. The space between them and Wilson and Kingy was often far too big. I'd forgotten King was even playing throughout the game.

Aside from that they all looked unfit. I realise it takes a few games to get match fit, but even so. They looked way off.

Unfit or tired? Eddie said they had to scale back training end of week because they had worked so hard.

No matter what system we play it's always to blame for a poor performance on here....always.
I can’t be held accountable for other people’s opinions so that’s not really a relevant point to me, today the tactical set up was clearly all wrong I dont see how you can argue that.

I disagree. In fact for the remaining healthy top 11 players this is the only formation we can play till Brooks is back.
That’s just not true, he had Ibe, Kilkenny, Solanke and Wilson available! To say that was the only way we could have set up today is laughable!

I can’t be held accountable for other people’s opinions so that’s not really a relevant point to me, today the tactical set up was clearly all wrong I dont see how you can argue that.
I certainly can argue that point as i don't agree with it.....:D...imo 343 was no more to blame for today's performance than 4411 was for our last one....we just didn't play well....it has been known.

Seeing your result did cheer me up briefly tbf......until I realised who beat you!....how the fck did Brighton score 3 in one game?...

Well we scored one for them and the other 2 were from subs pretty fresh from coming on against our defence as we went for it .

What happened to your boys today? That was a shock seeing that result! Brighton good or your boys poor?

Poor really but Brighton were solid in defence and their 3-5-2 formation was effective. .

I admit I’m a little shocked so many people can see a premier league team losing at home to a newly promoted team and still being top 6-10.

Every year my goal is to finish 6th. Baring that top 10.

Now there is a fundamental disagreement between those that see Sheffield United as a secret Barcelona because of last results. This is a new world. We should win plain and simple. Everton won’t lose to them home or away. Wolverhampton won’t either. These are teams I expect us to contend with.

;