Sheff Utd - The Verdict.

I admit I’m a little shocked so many people can see a premier league team losing at home to a newly promoted team and still being top 6-10.

Every year my goal is to finish 6th. Baring that top 10.

Now there is a fundamental disagreement between those that see Sheffield United as a secret Barcelona because of last results. This is a new world. We should win plain and simple. Everton won’t lose to them home or away. Wolverhampton won’t either. These are teams I expect us to contend with.

We didn't lose.

We didn't lose.
True enough. I guess it just feels like it to me. I’ve been so ramped up for a crushing victory for the last few weeks.

But I will add I’ll be shocked to see Everton or wolves draw to Sheffield this year. Pretty consistent 2–0 or 3-1 wins is my thought. I want us on that level!

That being said. Just the first match lol. I need to ground myself a bit I suppose.

True enough. I guess it just feels like it to me. I’ve been so ramped up for a crushing victory for the last few weeks.

But I will add I’ll be shocked to see Everton or wolves draw to Sheffield this year. Pretty consistent 2–0 or 3-1 wins is my thought. I want us on that level!

That being said. Just the first match lol. I need to ground myself a bit I suppose.

No doubt it was disappointing, we should have wrapped the points up even though we weren't at our best. We are notoriously terrible on the first game of the season though.

No mention of afcb on motd. All about Sheff Utd. Sad. Even showed there bloke running I to away fans.We are poor. And not wanted I the prem with our tinpot ground

Banana skin game for us. Newly promoted team looking to earn just one point, tricky conditions and Eddie still hadn’t had enough time with the new boys to come up with a better starting eleven. We very nearly got a scrappy 1-0 and the three points which everybody would have been very happy with. No need for panic. We didn’t lose. We have so much scope for improvement when everything clicks. I think in the absence of Brooks we will need Harry Wilson to help us create something when teams sit back but confident he will be integrated into the team in time for the next game. Eddie will know where we were lacking and will correct it. I have faith although his reluctance to use the bench before it was too late deserves to be questioned !

I thought the game was awful. Sheffield gave 110 % what you would expect from a team just promoted. Eddies tactics was wrong and should of changed it at half time. Billings looked tired second half.
What was Wee man doing with the last minute free kick? Ronaldo wouldn't be able to get it up and down from that close. He should of shot under the jumping wall or put it to the far post where we had 5 players to their two. I hope he learns from it.

Stopped watching MOTD years ago. Don’t give a rat’s a*se for their punditry, it’s always designed to back up some agenda. Thank God COWS now has highlights of all matches and I can draw my own conclusions. MOTD is a tabloid football based show IMO and has no merit.

We have had plenty of praise on MOTD, every season. Why would they talk about us yesterday. Sheffield United were the news.

Seems Rico knows what he’s doing defensively now which is an improvement but when you play as a wing back the onus is on you to take the game to the opposition. He just doesn’t have any idea where he is supposed to be on the pitch.

Mind you, Smith wasn’t much better and with 2 workhorses in midfield it’s no wonder we couldn’t get any ball to the front 3. To be honest that’s been a problem for a while regardless of playing 2 or 3 up front. Suppose with an isolated front 2 you still have 8 players contributing whereas it’s only 7 contributing with an isolated front 3.
Yeah, Rico could have attacked more but maybe he's been told to tighten up defensively. Are often played him the ball. Smith attacked on the opposite side once or twice.

We struggle against teams who sit deep...we dont have any creative midfielders.....although tbf no one has outside the top 6.....we haven't become a 'long ball team' just a counter attacking one.
Exactly. Need to find a way through. Creative midfield, attacking wingbacks. Didn't happen today and wasn't going to.

So predictable,lack lustre display ,only one shot on goal and the inevitable last minute goal conceded from a set piece ,plus the useless 88 minute substitution ,as said on earlier threads a fresh experienced premiership 1st coach much needed and to cap a brilliant day when did they decide to put the price of pies up or was that last season it all seems like ground hog day.

Not sure why so many people are trying to make Rico a scapegoat. By far the worst three players on the pitch were are front three.

;