Sheff Weds- The verdict

That was beyond horrible. Have seen this movie too often in the past couple of seasons. Completely flaccid against a team with much less talent but much more effort. Reminded me of:
> two seasons ago, after a 20 points in 10 game start, steady decline and ineffectiveness.
> last year against 10 men Crystal Palace, not a clue on the attacking end.

After starting out very enthusiastic about the Championship, today was a great advert for why most North Americans don't like "soccer".

This league reminds me of kids kicking a ball about during their lunch break.

That was beyond horrible. Have seen this movie too often in the past couple of seasons. Completely flaccid against a team with much less talent but much more effort. Reminded me of:
> two seasons ago, after a 20 points in 10 game start, steady decline and ineffectiveness.
> last year against 10 men Crystal Palace, not a clue on the attacking end.

After starting out very enthusiastic about the Championship, today was a great advert for why most North Americans don't like "soccer".
Not enough razzmatazz or hotdogs and cheerleaders.

Go support the Harlem Globetrotters.

Most of us stick with the team through the rough.

We just blame everyone else when things dont work out.

At the moment, for me anyway, Tindall is the fall guy.

Funny how it's the counts that wouldn't be going to matches that moan the most about every performance.

Some of us are still missing being there regardless of how poor it is.

I thought before the game that we had a strong line up out tonight. How do these experienced players end up playing badly?

I thought before the game that we had a strong line up out tonight. How do these experienced players end up playing badly?
And how often have we said that over the last few years against Norwich, Burnley etc? We are regularly hopeless against teams we are theoretically better than

‘Twas the same in the fourth division when Crewe or Rochdale would rock up on the back of a massive losing streak and beat us 1-0

It’s tactically how bad we’ve been which concerns me. We have some very good players who are not getting the ball in the correct way. The gaps between cb and full backs are clear; we play sideways at the back and then get pressed into mistakes. We are overrun in the middle and therefore we can’t build an attack from there. I feel we’ve been extremely lucky over the games as other teams have missed big chances (or begovic saved us) yet his analysis of it hasn’t tweaked anything.

And how often have we said that over the last few years against Norwich, Burnley etc? We are regularly hopeless against teams we are theoretically better than

‘Twas the same in the fourth division when Crewe or Rochdale would rock up on the back of a massive losing streak and beat us 1-0
They were both 0-4's and hurt like hell.

Barry Knight was to blame for one of them :)

Funny how it's the counts that wouldn't be going to matches that moan the most about every performance.

Some of us are still missing being there regardless of how poor it is.
The 320 in attendance tonight would have laid right into that crap.

I miss it desperately but thats more the day rather than the actual 90 minutes of football its fair to say.

That was as bad a performance as I can remember for a long long time, not acceptable by any stretch of the imagination. Tindal is proving as stubborn as Howe, he won't be given as long though!

I'm trying to think of some positives, unfortunately none of it relates to us. Garry Monk is no mug, Wednesday are a mid table championship team of scrappers who at least have some spirit and I hope for their fans sake they survive and I expect they will.

There appears to be a complete lack of continuity with us. I applaud JT's use of rotation but tonight no one knew where anyone else was on the pitch. He's rotating more than Eddie and I get it with the fixtures coming thick and fast but something (everything) is getting lost in translation. We looked like a team of strangers tonight.

That was as bad a performance as I can remember for a long long time, not acceptable by any stretch of the imagination. Tindal is proving as stubborn as Howe, he won't be given as long though!

It was bad Saturday.
It was bad the week before that.

JT needs to tinker less... I know we’ve got games coming thick and fast but 4/5 changes every game allows for zero consistency...

since Coventry we’ve been poor. I have to admit also that King has made us worse IMO...

Drop him and let’s get back to Solanke, Danjuma and Stan...
Agree on the 2 many changes.cook has been doing well and he doesn't play.pick your best team in their best positions and go for it.change players only when needed.

;