Sheffield Wednesday.....

Topfarrier

UTC Legend
Going though a shitty time....we've been there.....they've not had a lot to cheer about but i really hope they stay up......they fully deserved those 3 points as they were the better team on the night......i know we were poor but they didn't give us a chance to play....very aggressive and worked tirelessly....the Wednesday fans can say what they like about Gary Monk but the players are trying for him.

I know we should be doing a lot better with the squad we have but sometimes you have to give the opposition credit....very impressed by them tbf.

That Bannan in midfield . Passing was simple and on the floor .
We played first half with lerma playing from deep as the playmaker. He can’t pass the ball. Gosling was hiding and brooks was dire.

at least when Lewis came on you saw the composure with the ball .

fair play to Wednesday though

They did deserve the 3 points.

Harried us, gave us no time on the ball, bit niggly.

That's basically how every team has set up against us thus far. It ain't rocket science.

And again, we didnt cope with it.

And it's been the same, pretty much a quarter of the season gone.

Football is a war, and you need a strategy every game to know what you will be facing.

Tindraw has shown nothing to suggest he knows how to overcome the problem.

He is reactive, rather than proactive.

BRADBURY2.0

They did deserve the 3 points.

Harried us, gave us no time on the ball, bit niggly.

That's basically how every team has set up against us thus far. It ain't rocket science.

And again, we didnt cope with it.

And it's been the same, pretty much a quarter of the season gone.

Football is a war, and you need a strategy every game to know what you will be facing.

Tindraw has shown nothing to suggest he knows how to overcome the problem.

He is reactive, rather than proactive.

BRADBURY2.0

I really thought after we finished Derby with 4 at the back (and looking good while doing so) that it might’ve sparked a change. This has to be a huge wake up call, but I fear he’s going to pin it on the ego of the players (which isn’t untrue) rather than the formation and setup.

I really thought after we finished Derby with 4 at the back (and looking good while doing so) that it might’ve sparked a change. This has to be a huge wake up call, but I fear he’s going to pin it on the ego of the players (which isn’t untrue) rather than the formation and setup.
You really think that a performance that was that bad could be avoided by simply replacing a defender with a midfielder?....it might have improved things who knows but the players were individually awful....all of them not just a few....when that happens no formation change is going to help matters imo......what i especially didn't like is the fact we got bullied....that's something that hasn't happened so far this season.

You really think that a performance that was that bad could be avoided by simply replacing a defender with a midfielder?....it might have improved things who knows but the players were individually awful....all of them not just a few....when that happens no formation change is going to help matters imo......what i especially didn't like is the fact we got bullied....that's something that hasn't happened so far this season.

In the Premier League ,Burnley always bullied us.

Monk has the problem that most managers have.. Crap Footballers who all think they
are a big star waiting to explode into the Galaxy...its a bloody joke !
Of course Monk in particular..must be bloody awful though...the only one to take three points off Boscombe...haha!

Seems very harsh. They've already managed to win three games and they have a much better goal difference than the teams around them. They looked on course for a mid-table finish at least, I would have thought. As already mentioned, not sure there will be a massive queue of better candidates lining up for this job.

...please take Pulis his match reporting on Soccer Saturday is pants...in fact since they got rid of the sad three, excluding Clinton Morrison it has been lacklustre to say the least even Jeff is looking bored and tired of it all...used to really enjoy it but Michelle Owen apart it is pretty dire!

Sacking Monk seems utterly stupid. Unless he was somehow responsible for the financial shambles that got them the 12 (oops, 6!) point deduction.
11 games in and doing better than a lot of other teams - -and they ought to have been relegated last season anyway!

Sheffield Wednesday could be trying to be the new Watford !

Unless there is something behind this which we are not aware of, it seems a very harsh decision. Based solely on football matters you'd think that he was doing well enough in difficult circumstances. If the board have unrealistic expectations of their manager then IMO that is one more reason why any decent candidate would do well to steer clear of this job.

Last edited:
yeah can only imagine they already have a 'better' or preferred manager lined up to replace him.

like you say, who knows what goes on behind closed door.s

;