Shirt sponsors

Like we did with the stadium a few years back? I think we can probably do a bit better than having Kings Park Cafe or something on the front, financially at least.

I agree anything* is better than having another betting company though.

*honourable exception to DWP

King's Park Cafe on the front would mean I've actually used a shirt sponsor for the first time ever, and could even claim I was regularly there before they became World Famous!!!

But it does'nt say which brand will sponsor the first team match wear,although does sponsoring first team training kit allow it to be used as sponsored matchday kit.

I’ve spoken to someone at the club at length about this.

The club did approach businesses from all sorts of sectors, but ultimately the value of the deal was significantly more than the other options available.

It was quite clear the club took a pragmatic position when making the decision to do the deal, just like many other clubs in football, cricket etc.

The disappointment for a lot of people is it can’t go on kids shirts. Which kids hate. To me it’s the law that’s daft. I’m not sure anyone under 12 has the inclination to bet. If you are over 12 and do have the inclination in those last couple years until you get to small adult and can wear them anyway…it’s unlikely to be a football shirt that prompts you…. All the talksport advertising, tv advertising in sky’s sports glamorising it with top actor geezers and social media advertising is far more likely:

One of those anachronistic nanny state rules. If it’s that bad (which I can see the argument) then remove advertising pre 9pm

The disappointment for a lot of people is it can’t go on kids shirts. Which kids hate. To me it’s the law that’s daft. I’m not sure anyone under 12 has the inclination to bet. If you are over 12 and do have the inclination in those last couple years until you get to small adult and can wear them anyway…it’s unlikely to be a football shirt that prompts you…. All the talksport advertising, tv advertising in sky’s sports glamorising it with top actor geezers and social media advertising is far more likely:

One of those anachronistic nanny state rules. If it’s that bad (which I can see the argument) then remove advertising pre 9pm

As a parent who got suckered into buying all 3 shirts, goalkeeper top and training top last season I have mixed views on whether or not I want my boy to like all the kits!

Personally he didn’t mind not having the sponsor previously and I think that’s a better option than some clubs who put a completely different sponsor on their kids shirts. Obviously understand why clubs take that route though.

I’ve spoken to someone at the club at length about this.

The club did approach businesses from all sorts of sectors, but ultimately the value of the deal was significantly more than the other options available.

LIt was quite clear the club took a pragmatic position when making the decision to do the deal, just like many other clubs in football, cricket etc.

I thought our club had gone away from having betting companies on their shirts.

Personally, I will stick with my present shirt with the local company sponsor on it.

Who gives a squirrel f√ck. ... Just get a local tailor to knock up some red n black shirts and shorts.. get the players into them...and watch them score goals...simple and cheap...that's my take for what it's worth....it's not a bloody fashion show with that Gok geezer mincing about....it's Bournemouth and Boscombe Athletic playing football !! Ye God's !

I'm a little disappointed, but I suppose we all know the PL means playing with the devil and selling the soul to some degree.

If anything it's another argument in favour of less money going to players and agents and more towards other priorities such as legacy and infrastructure. If we're going to take the betting coin, put it to some good use.

Ironic, as Id rather have the shirt without the sponsors logo on it.

Was always going to be a betting company, paying the most. I wonder what figures we're talking about

Hearing that it's double the next highest offer perhaps the puritans would like to make up the difference or expect Max to.

With signings coming in on frees, work on the training ground coming on and top dollar sponsorships I'm feeling really optimistic about the club for the first time in about 5 years.

Ironic, as Id rather have the shirt without the sponsors logo on it.
Yes, if I ever wore one (I’ve never owned one in my life) then I’d be with you.

Kids are different in my experience, they want to mirror the people on the pitch and I don’t understand why people would make it a rule they can’t but encourage betting references in almost every other aspect of the game. That last Chinese one we had I bet 80% of adults wouldn’t have known what it was let alone kids.

I'm personally disappointed but fully understand the counter arguments. It's obvious we have to maximise our income given the size of our ground etc etc.

I promise not to hold anyone to account who has a stab at this (others will of course) but any ideas on what is likely to be a ballpark figure for a club of our stature/exposure?

;