Shoddy article on BBC Football page

Awful article with over 530 comments and still more being added - mainly defending Eddie and slagging off mcnulty.

fill your boots if you are feeling annoyed and want to have a pop. Very therapeutic!

McNulty actually made me roll up in a mirthful fit in the early part of that...when he mentioned Suitgatinhos 'exciting young side'.... Comic geniality......England Football sends I to sleep about three minutes after kickoff.

Eddies departure hasn't made the BBC news yet..probably because we are no longer in the PL.... I mean f√ck a Rat....our fans don't trough black- pudding and put fookin gravy ont t'chips.... nick Bikes and Nikes on Merseyside or swan around North London chewin lumps of eel.

Pah !

Perhaps I'm not seeing it as others......but thought it poked the scab a bit ,but was an honest article.

Not for me, it is an unnecessary dig at Eddie, when he could just have easily made it a positive report, even if he wanted to mention a couple of home truths. Everyone knows it has been a bad season but overall, this reads to me like one of those trolls who slags off us and Eddie at every opportunity. Why not just celebrate an amazing period in our clubs history? Instead he makes it into a negative, including the headline itself.

Not for me, it is an unnecessary dig at Eddie, when he could just have easily made it a positive report, even if he wanted to mention a couple of home truths. Everyone knows it has been a bad season but overall, this reads to me like one of those trolls who slags off us and Eddie at every opportunity. Why not just celebrate an amazing period in our clubs history? Instead he makes it into a negative, including the headline itself.
Don't forget you are looking at it from a completely different angle than he is,.....we love Eddie...he doesn't.....he doesn't have to pull any punches...the truth hurts

I still disagree with you.

The article rightly says this/last season was dreadful. It was. Thus yesterday I posted a few times that I was less distraught Eddie was going compared to most. No guarantee Eddie would have delivered in the championship unless he had the energy and learned the lessons.

my real gripe with the article is it totally undersells his achievements - ffp cheats, Russian investment, poor signings dominate as messages. Not glorious attacking football, taking the big clubs on at their game rather than the thug ball tactics used by some clubs. His coaching, the amazing backdrop stories along the journey etc

A nasty, imbalanced article. Not for the first time that bbc website undersells afcb. Over 600 comments and many against the author and defending Eddie, a lot from clubs other than afcb so no need to post.

Don't forget you are looking at it from a completely different angle than he is,.....we love Eddie...he doesn't.....he doesn't have to pull any punches...the truth hurts
But what is the truth?

Is it that Eddie saved the club from oblivion and got us up the leagues, playing some of the best football we have ever seen. Did he sign players who went on to become full internationals, develop and sell them for millions of pounds?

Or did he make a few bad signings on the way and not be able to be as defensively sound as renowned football entertainers Sam Allardyce and Tony Pulis?

Clearly both are true. If I were the “Chief Football Writer” for the national broadcaster, I know what part of his legacy I would reflect on. But perhaps it is Phil McNulty who can’t handle the truth?

I suppose tbf we are all closer to being journalists than we were before laptops and mobiles came along......and my god some of the rubbish some guys put on the Forum.

I mean crying out loud.. some of it ..Christ Alive...!

;