Short memory

Before vwe met in the PL and the Championship, you had to go back to 2010-11 season for our league games against each other.

Before that to 1959-60.

So in reality we do not have much history with Saints.

Listen to billy boys and gals, he knows what he’s talking about.

Largely down to local media bias - "South Toady" have spent years sucking up to S*********n and Reading (Reading!! not even proper Southerners - North of the M4). irrespective of whether we were playing well.
Example - the week before the play off final in Cardiff, S*********n lost the FA Cup final to Arsenal - an absolutely dismal game - yet the night before the Play Off final, the lead item on the sports news on South Toady was still droning on about the cup final.

Oh - and the fact that you had that idiot Nigel Adkins as manager - his pronouncements to the press were cringeworthy!

OK, so let's talk about your REAL rivals, eh ? How about this piece of football history :

On April 29, 1939, as Portsmouth pulled off a surprise 4-1 FA Cup final win over Wolves at Wembley, only 4,000 Southampton fans showed up for a home league game on the same day, preferring to cheer on their neighbours while listening to the radio. When the trophy was brought back to the south coast, it was displayed for a short time at Southampton Guildhall and even paraded around The Dell for Saints fans to salute Pompey's achievements.

It was a genuine post actually , not trolling .

Yup, sure it is. Well maybe if you didn't advertise your club in our town, we wouldn't have had so many kids pop up the road to watch and might not have needed to rattle buckets at all. However the arrogance to think you 'saved' our club, we saved our club, several times. Loans benefit your club whilst slowing development of our own players. As for a rivalry, I've no real feeling towards your club, just happy to see arrogant creatures like yourself realising you're not the big time charlies you think you are. Rivalry is reserved for clubs that we actually play regularly and historically and have needle with

Are you trying to form a rivalry? Is that what it is? Got all lonely now no-one cares about you? Try Brighton they'll gob off about anyone

BTK, you're forgetting the 45 minutes on an open terrace being 'showered with gifts' after our 2-2 draw at that ground they had in 1987.

Let's hope we finally get to see those white hankies again this season
:utc:

Why get so agitated about Southampton? ... we've had plenty of their former players in our squads/coaching teams, including currently Andrew Surman and Neil Moss. And their fans are far from the worst - cf Brighton, Watford etc. I don't get it.

Are you joking with those two examples, both ours and taken by them

It was not so many years ago Saints fans helped your little club out financially , as you stood shaking your penny buckets needing help like some poor backstreet charity fundraiser. Ever since then we have continued to help by loaning you players and watch you slowly climb the lower leagues in your 3 sided stadium to finally be in the position you find yourselves in today.

Most saints fans I know are still pretty confused as to where the hate for us comes from. I mean we understand it from a Pompey point of view with them being our rivals and all the history that goes with it etc.. but we don’t understand why you lot are so bothered. Is it because you don’t have anyone else to hate you felt you needed to create this imaginary one way rivalry between us? Is it jealousy? You can keep calling us scummers and we’ll just keep smiling right back , as to us you’ll always just be that little brother walking on right behind in our shadow.

:wave:

The position WE find ourselves in today?....and the position YOU find yourselves in?
It's a Results based game!
Southampton..your correct title..was once a ' little club' swimming around in Div 3 South with us. Are We allowed to be anything but Little !
When I was 12 and you got in the 1st Division I was pleased to have an occasional ' treat' of Div One football at the Dell if my Dad couldnt afford our aways up north.
I can't in my wildest dreams bring myself to hate Saints......I would like a healthy rivalry though...good for both clubs...it won't stop you hating another GREAT club(two div 1 titles/two FACups) on the other side of the water!
Just give us some Credit.......and above all Thanks for your support of us when we were in dire straits!

Last edited:
No hatred for Saints from me....always like to see them do well tbf.....feel a bit sorry for them actually....they really have become incredibly dull....not even worthy of a rivalry tbh.

Have you been officially diagnosed with sotonmania? Is there any treatment for something like that? Sounds horrible.

Apparently it’s hereditary as well.

Having listened to Solent for years though they’re quick to throw away their season tickets so it is curable with a run of defeats and a relegation or two.

There is no real animosity towards the football club. In fact I'd say there is a bit of admiration for how they have been run over the years.

The dislike is only really aimed at the supporters. For some reason Southampton fans seem rather obsessed with us. I don't think I've ever know a set of supporters care so much about apparently not caring about a so called non rival.

Its hard to believe the OP is genuine he demonstrates every cliche going about Southampton fans in one short post. If he is genuine, just one read of your own post will answer your questions

;