Short memory

BTK, you're forgetting the 45 minutes on an open terrace being 'showered with gifts' after our 2-2 draw at that ground they had in 1987.

Let's hope we finally get to see those white hankies again this season
:utc:

That was a cup game.

Three players in the Saints side that day also played for us and one also managed us.

They were Kevin Bond, Jimmy Case and Colin Clarke.

I think the OP was basically STOKING it up just for ONE season of Rivalry before a trip to STOKE!

and then....PITMAN ? !!!!!!! Oooooooooh F##k!

I can’t say I have ever noticed our fans getting all billy big bollox about all the players we have loaned Yeovil over the years.

Maybe it’s because we are intelligent enough to realise that loaning out our young prospects to get some experience at a local club is convenient and beneficial to us.

I think perhaps Matey boy...the OP from Hell could, while Boscombe are at the Summit, have a Summit meeting with the Clive from the Hornet Hive....and see if they can put together a decent Pick... at Those Bl##dy Cherries!

Most probably a Bournemouth fan , if not a Dorest based Southampton kid , ticks too many of those cliche boxes ....and he signed up just for that with nearly two weeks before the match... yeah there’s no rivalry :shake:

It doesn't feel quite right, but.....I dislike Hove and Watford far more than Stains. Two clubs who have done nothing in their history (same as us) and yet regard themselves as so superior. Now that they have had the good fortune of a supporter paying for their shiny new stadium, Hove supporters in particular seem to regard themselves as on a par with an institution like Arsenal. At least Stains have a decent pedigree of representing the South Coast in the top tier over the last 40 years or so...just as South Today never stop reminding us.
Having said all that, I do of course hope we smash the patronising c8nts in our next game and think we really should have relegated them last year. Hopefully Hughes will complete the job this year :wave:

Top post. That really has brightened up my Monday morning. A bitter, disgruntled Scummer marching on to our message board to avoid the meltdown on his own. If it makes him feel better we should really thank them for the pre season friendly and the loan players because without their help we wouldn't be one of the top six clubs in the land.

Geographically our closest league club. Which is traditionally how one club picks its rival.

However Southampton, without the knowledge of any London or northern club, added the new rule which means that one club can only refer to another club as a rival if it’s reciprocal.

Elsewhere in the country and indeed the world they are able to process dislike for more than one club at a time however this is impossible in the city of Southampton.

;