Should AFCB give Richard Scudamore £250,000?

Let's face it - we can all bang on about how undeserving he is but he has presided over a period of unbelievable growth in revenues as the article says. That was his job and it looks like he made a pretty good fist of it. These chairmen have made a packet off the back of his work so I dare say they'll agree it without much fuss.

Of all the undeserving people in football this guy isn't anywhere near the top of the list.

Over here, after 20 years service, it is customary to receive a severance package of 1-2 years salary, but that's only if you are being whacked. So the math is about right, but not the circumstances. Does he get a pension?

Over here, after 20 years service, it is customary to receive a severance package of 1-2 years salary, but that's only if you are being whacked. So the math is about right, but not the circumstances. Does he get a pension?

he'll have everything going. we are masters of the greed culture for the well off over here, fear not.

Personally intend to write to the club asking them to refuse - and to put the cash towards local food banks or grass roots football. Anything other than lining the pocket of a bloke who is already a millionaire.
Let’s hope others also get on to them to stop this nonsense.

Do me a favour - are you going to tell them to send back the £130m a year or whatever increase is due next year? The fact that they don't give a toss about our opinions when hard cash is on the line should be pretty clear by now.

Do me a favour - are you going to tell them to send back the £130m a year or whatever increase is due next year? The fact that they don't give a toss about our opinions when hard cash is on the line should be pretty clear by now.
Go for it Gary. Even if they don't give a toss there's no harm in voicing a dissenting opinion.

So he's brought in £130m. He didn't do that as a voluntary role. He's spent his career sucking up to tv companies and not giving a toss about people who go to games. He's probably got a decent pension to live on.

No doubt the clubs will fall over themselves. Corporate back-slapping and mutual financial rewards are common in Boardrooms across the country.

;