Should AFCB give Richard Scudamore £250,000?

The club aren’t writing a cheque for £250k as such. Rather they have agreed that the central football piggy bank (the premier league) can make this extra payment from funds which the clubs might otherwise have dibs on.

From the small(ish) print:
“Scudamore, 59, will receive the money from central Premier League funds rather than the proposed £250,000 from each club — even though each club will effectively lose that amount each.”

So in essence, what’s happening seems to be that the overheads of the EPL will increase by £1.66M each season, meaning there is less left in the pot to distribute to whichever clubs happen to be in the EPL that season.

Since it was a vote by the EPL members its probably impossible that any one club could refuse to pay it because technically, they aren’t actually making a payment.
If you don't wanna pay the t##t or the PL....quite simple DON'T PAY IT....F##k the consequences...Man up....like Burnley... a Man's Football Club. F##k em!

I don't get this. Why should footballers not earn high wages, in an industry that has so much money around it and they are the reason people want to watch the sport? The biggest film stars get paid huge wages....the most successful musicians earn way more than the top footballers do. Why should footballers be any different?

Why should any of the C##ts get paid any extra on top of the inflated wage they get???!!! It's why this ****************##g Rotating ball of Rock is in the state it's in .....GREED FFS!

Gordon Taylor.. another creep, made his name looking after players interests..long before Agents came along but even then players earned enough to buy houses and yachts with cash up front with much left over to save!.Those players who didn't make it or stay the distance could retrain and find other jobs just like ex-servicemen, the disabled and everyone else has to!!!!!
His wages way out of proportion to Rugby officials for example.
Trannie Rovers fans more than most can Tell it As it Is!

The club aren’t writing a cheque for £250k as such. Rather they have agreed that the central football piggy bank (the premier league) can make this extra payment from funds which the clubs might otherwise have dibs on.

From the small(ish) print:
“Scudamore, 59, will receive the money from central Premier League funds rather than the proposed £250,000 from each club — even though each club will effectively lose that amount each.”

So in essence, what’s happening seems to be that the overheads of the EPL will increase by £1.66M each season, meaning there is less left in the pot to distribute to whichever clubs happen to be in the EPL that season.

Since it was a vote by the EPL members its probably impossible that any one club could refuse to pay it because technically, they aren’t actually making a payment.

I'd like to quote Richard Scudamore directly from the last meeting he had with PL Trusts and the FSF when we were discussing compensation for fans when games get postponed at short notice...

"Let me make this clear, there is no central pot to distribute money from"

Except this one he's being paid from that is.......

I'd like to quote Richard Scudamore directly from the last meeting he had with PL Trusts and the FSF when we were discussing compensation for fans when games get postponed at short notice...

"Let me make this clear, there is no central pot to distribute money from"

Except this one he's being paid from that is.......
His pension pot back-up.

I agree Taylor and the PFA are ripe for change, but the greed of Scudamore seems to be going quietly unnoticed the the Prem League sucking-up 'free' press.

The lower end of football is increasingly more attractive to me now.
I was at a non league game yesterday where after 10 mins the ref collided with a player, broke his nose, loads of blood and pain, but carried on to the end because the two linesmen were over 50 and not advised to go in the middle. His ' fee' for the game was £40.00 plus petrol expense added. He got all the decisions about right and was applauded off by the players and crowd at the end. Football..different but far more Honest!

;