Should AFCB give Richard Scudamore £250,000?

OK - just roll over and take it, never try to make things better.
Yup - that’s the way.

Make what better? Of all the things to fight for you pick a guy getting a few million golden handshake when he's increased revenue by £4.5bn.

There's loads of examples of people who should be in jail for corruption or at least sacked for incompetence who got bigger payouts that.

Go for it Gary. Even if they don't give a toss there's no harm in voicing a dissenting opinion.

So he's brought in £130m. He didn't do that as a voluntary role. He's spent his career sucking up to tv companies and not giving a toss about people who go to games. He's probably got a decent pension to live on.

No doubt the clubs will fall over themselves. Corporate back-slapping and mutual financial rewards are common in Boardrooms across the country.

He's not asking us for the money he's asking the people who's pockets he's greased, which is why he'll get it.

My memory is a bit vague on this but didn't Harry get a special £100k payoff when he left as he was stepping away from football only for him to turn up at West Ham the next week? That could be wrong but I'm sure I remember something like that happening.

Let's face it - we can all bang on about how undeserving he is but he has presided over a period of unbelievable growth in revenues as the article says. That was his job and it looks like he made a pretty good fist of it. These chairmen have made a packet off the back of his work so I dare say they'll agree it without much fuss.

Of all the undeserving people in football this guy isn't anywhere near the top of the list.
Their Investment into grassroots football is minimal.

Make what better? Of all the things to fight for you pick a guy getting a few million golden handshake when he's increased revenue by £4.5bn.

He didn't do that all by himself Derek, I'm sure he has a secretary.

Maybe even another couple of people as well.

He's just a well paid figurehead.

A donkey could have done as good a job, the TV companies are wetting themselves to be first in the queue to give the EPL money.

Why?
Because they make more than they give.

He deserves nothing more than his salary and pension.

He didn't do that all by himself Derek, I'm sure he has a secretary.

Maybe even another couple of people as well.

He's just a well paid figurehead.

A donkey could have done as good a job, the TV companies are wetting themselves to be first in the queue to give the EPL money.

Why?
Because they make more than they give.

He deserves nothing more than his salary and pension.

I wouldn't know but I'm sure there are plenty of chairmen, players, agents, pundits, etc. who have benefitted from the gravy train he's been driving that will only be too quick to lump some cash his way. It's peanuts in comparison to the money sloshing round the pot too.

I'm not saying it's right but of all the things in football to be outraged about it's pretty low down in my list.

I wouldn't know but I'm sure there are plenty of chairmen, players, agents, pundits, etc. who have benefitted from the gravy train he's been driving that will only be too quick to lump some cash his way. It's peanuts in comparison to the money sloshing round the pot too.

I'm not saying it's right but of all the things in football to be outraged about it's pretty low down in my list.

And who in their right mind at the EPL thought that asking for this money was a good pr move.

For some of us not earning 2.5 million pa it appears a little crass.

This is a suggestion that Scudamore, if he had any morals or conscience, should have snuffed out at birth.

I like to think that guilt will make him pass this money on to a charity.

And who in their right mind at the EPL thought that asking for this money was a good pr move.

For some of us not earning 2.5 million pa it appears a little crass.

This is a suggestion that Scudamore, if he had any morals or conscience, should have snuffed out at birth.

I like to think that guilt will make him pass this money on to a charity.

Since when have they cared about the PR associated with their pay structure?

I can't think of another industry with more high profile millionaires that sports - football in particular. What is clear is that all this moral outrage about it never comes to much.

He's done his job at least.

The FA are think about selling wembley so they can fund grassroots football. So what does that tell you about the how much money they pump back into grassroots. And as I said the organization not the clubs.

i should proof read

Last edited:

;