Should AFCB give Richard Scudamore £250,000?

I do find the excessive wealth of the individuals associated with our club (seen on instagram etc) quite hard to take. Its just football.

The FA are think about selling wembley so they can fund grassroots football. So what does that tell you about the how much money they pump back into grassroots. And as I said the organization not the clubs.

i should proof read

It tells me nothing about the PL funding grass roots football. The FA isn't the Premier League.

Seems to me the more you've got the more you get handed to you. The obscene wages and bonuses paid to some of these people would fund a lot of things in grass roots football and start benefiting a lot of less well off communities.

If its any consolation it looks like Scudamores successor is equally obsessed with media rather than football.

https://www.theguardian.com/footbal...f-executive-susanna-dinnage-richard-scudamore

Whats not to love?

Hope she hasn’t upset them too much. :grinning:

As president of Discovery's UK networks, she was last year at the centre of an unprecedented disagreement with Sky, attacking the broadcaster for failing to pay a "fair price" to carry its channels. Sky, on the other hand, thinks Discovery's price demands are "completely unrealistic."

In January, she launched a fierce attack on the broadcaster: "We believe Sky is using what we consider to be its dominant market position to further its own commercial interest over those of viewers and independent broadcasters. The vitality of independent broadcasters like Discovery and plurality in TV is under threat."

Dinnage, now global president at Discovery's Animal Planet, has spent more than 20 years working in the television industry. Since joining Discovery in 2009, she served as general manager of the UK and Benelux businesses, and most recently as President of UK/Ireland and Chief Content Officer for Discovery Networks International.

A former colleague told Telegraph Sport: “Susanna is a smart and talented brand-builder, and very much a left-field, ‘out there’ appointment - and a woman too in what has been with only a few exceptions a male dominated world, which can only be applauded.”

As boss of Discovery's UK arm, she said pay TV needed to be about more than football.

Threatening to pull the network's channels from Sky in a row over fees, she said: “Discovery is prepared to take that stand. Pay-television needs to be about more than just films and football. The consumer can’t be expected to fund all of Sky’s investments and get less and less choice in return.”

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/footbal...place-richard-scudamore-premier-league-chief/

"Scudamore, 59, who is reportedly paid £2.5m per season, is stepping down next month "

Of course we should, there's no way he'll have put any money away himself on a salary like that.

Maybe we should offer him the Groundsman's job?

EPL job sounds ideal for Grinning Jeff to me.

"Maybe we should offer him the Groundsman's job? "
Careful now, Don't you mean Groundsperson?

This type of thing really makes me regret a last minute decision years ago not to emigrate to Canada.

Ps. Not related to anything said by our Canadian support!

Come on over here Bill! The water's fine!

Anyway, the most bizarre thing about this - and what makes it quite frankly so distasteful - is that they are ASKING clubs to give money. Usually, when you have to go and beg for money, it's for a charity of some kind. Not a wealthy millionaire executive leaving his well-paid position for what will likely be an even-better paid position somewhere else.

I would love us to be the club that breaks ranks in that way. Put out a statement saying what else that money could do, number of youth coaches, compensation to families that house younger kids, what it could do with disabled teams and community projects, that we almost lost our club over a sum only a bit more than that, point out his salary, express disgust that a donation had even been suggested, and no indication of what charity it might be going to. It would reflect public mood, it would raise the profile and in things like this we need to lead, not follow

;