Signed jersey stolen :-(

NornIron

First Team
Hello

Just sharing this in case anyone spots something.

The Dorset Children's Foundation (The Junior Cherries Charity of the Year) was raffling a signed 17/18 home jersey to raise some funds for their sick kids. It was on display in the Boscombe shop and today it got stolen.

If anyone sees it please let me and the charity know. It's a 17/18 Umbro home kit with 23 signatures including Eddie and Fletch. It was nicely framed and they were hoping to raise a few hundred quid.

https://m.facebook.com/TheDCFcharity/photos/a.666059160171110.1073741832.323544784422551/1327112644065755

Thanks

NornIron - 12/9/2017 08:41

dragonm8 - 12/9/2017 06:53

Jersey is a relatively large country.

How does one sign it and then steal it?

A very big pen is required. It clearly wasn't you.

Put down of the year in response to an abysmally timed attempt at humour.

:clap:

Hopefully something can be sorted with the club to replace it although of course that doesn't address the utter scum who can perpetrate such an act.

Disgraceful and even though I'm sure the club will replace it (have you informed them?), I hope the original turns up and some vile scumbag isn't going to gain a quick buck off it for themselves.

Some people have no shame. Stealing in general is disgusting but stealing from a charity is the lowest of the low

Ive run a couple of these charity events in the past and thought I'd share something which was a money spinner. Long story short, my mum passed away from liver cancer in 2006 so we raised almost £2000 for the hospice shortly after in an auction/karaoke night. I was living up in Reading at the time (hence the username).

On karaoke, charge a £1 for someone to sing but £5 to kick them off X Factor style. You'll find that there are a lot of people getting kicked off and it earns the charity £6 per song (apart from the people who are genuinely good or the ones who will get offended at being kicked off the mic).

We got all sorts of prizes. Manchester United donated a football, PGA donated a golf book, Sony donated a Singstar game and promised to donate a PS3 if we did another (Never took them up on it thinking about it now, problem was the stock at that time was very low, ask them, you might get a PS4). The rest of the top 4 and Everton refused to donate as did the local club, Reading, who told us to pay for a shirt. When we refused, they then followed up with several letters nudging us to see if we wanted to do it. Embarrassing for them seeing as several family members were season ticket holders.

This was a year before I moved down here and started to follow my new local club (during the dark days) so AFCB were not asked but honestly think it would be a different story had I been here

In All Departments - 12/9/2017 13:28

NornIron - 12/9/2017 08:41

dragonm8 - 12/9/2017 06:53

Jersey is a relatively large country.

How does one sign it and then steal it?

A very big pen is required. It clearly wasn't you.

Put down of the year in response to an abysmally timed attempt at humour.

:clap:

Well I laughed my socks off at that attempt at humour, even though it was made during this time of grief and reflection over the state of society as we know it today.

Lighten up ffs.

From the Echo story about this.

Defender Steve Cook told the Daily Echo he would be offering to replace the signed shirt.

http://www.bournemouthecho.co.uk/news/15531548.Stolen__signed_AFC_Bournemouth_shirt_in_charity_shop_window_that_was_meant_for_raffle/

A happy ending! Kudos to Cookie, Fletch and Jimmy Glass. Nice to know some footballers still have time for the little guys.

https://m.facebook.com/TheDCFcharity/?tsid=0.24577410418334178&source=result#!/story.php?story_fbid=1362893413821011&id=323544784422551

;