'Slimey'

I recall a 'Dave Muscles' who wore tea shirts in winter and was often around Boscombe pier in summer on the beach. You couldn't miss him!
I recall when Pompey took the whole of DC in an evening cup game in '78 or '79? Muscles was holding the South End fighting off the Pompey hoards on his own!
Used to see him around whatever nightclub the old South Western was called in the 90's.

I recall when Pompey took the whole of DC in an evening cup game in '78 or '79? Muscles was holding the South End fighting off the Pompey hoards on his own!
Used to see him around whatever nightclub the old South Western was called in the 90's.
Yes that was a Friday night game

There was a pic on fb of him with a mutual friend after he had been running down the beach.Still tries to stay fit but he looked very old then as he probably is and was frail also.He was a double denim wearer.

I think you're thinking of the League game in 1979, when the whole of Pompey decided to visit Dean Court. They even claimed the director's area! Carnage.

The Portsmouth League Cup match was on Tuesday 17th August 1971 (I have the programme). We won 2-1. If I recall correctly, there were Pompey and AFCB supporters pushing each other back and forth in the South End separated by a line of the old bill.

The Portsmouth League Cup match was on Tuesday 17th August (I have the programme). We won 2-1. If I recall correctly, there were Pompey and AFCB supporters pushing each other back and forth in the South End separated by a line of the old bill.
The one where they packed the south end and were in all four sides was definitely a Friday night in 78 start of the season,div four game

As a 14 year old I was sat in family section with my Pompey supporting Dad in 78 when they were running all over the place. Great view of their lads running across the top of the New Stand

I’m sure it was sept 78 we won,there was a Pompey fan on the new stand roof
29 September, 1978. Mick Butler, Steve Massey and (gulp) Derek Showers.

But I think 2 October 1979 is the game. 9,000 out of 13,963. We sensibly lost that one.

Must say I'm really enjoying this thread, onto the fourth page, it's a bunch of old "hoolies" reminiscing about mis-spent youth : )

I never met any of the "characters" mentioned on here, in there prime. It's good to see a thread where no one's trying to outdo everyone else and no one trying to be "provocative" : )

This thread's just like the old close season threads of yore : )

;