So, if Callums fit for Saturday

Bench...we must play King with Lewis Cook and Ryan Fraser supporting him from midfield...4-5-1 worked v Chelsea...Burnley will pump high balls into our box and crossfield...we need Billings and Gosling's height and the defence to stand firm...the pace of Fraser and King aligned with Lewis Cook's guile hopefully will be too much for the visitors..

There was a collective belief at the Chelsea game. Finally everything ticked for a team that had had a miserable run. Personally I’d go with the above. King is a menace to defenders, and if Callum isn’t quite up to speed, King should be the front man. I wouldn’t change anything from the back to the front

It's obviously going to be a very different game....can see us returning to 4411..

While personally I would prefer 4-3-3, Burnley is one of the few teams above league one that also play 4-4-2 so it’s one game where we won’t get overrun if we play it. It wouldn’t surprise me if Eddie returns to it if he has the personnel but I hope he doesn’t. They have little pace in the front two so you can sit higher up the pitch too.

I wasn't at Chelsea, but it sounded like we'd stumbled on something that clicked. So I'd be hesitant to change shape, and I'd be even more hesitant to return Callum immediately given his form.

Callum has been poor for months now, there's absolutely no justification to throwing him straight back in. Just look at how much better we looked against Chelsea with King playing.

"Stone, scissors, and paper" . What worked against Chelsea wouldn't necessarily work against Burnley, but anyone left out after Saturday would be very hard done by. Perhaps Eddie could use the same eleven that started, but set them up in a different way?

I wasn't at Chelsea, but it sounded like we'd stumbled on something that clicked. So I'd be hesitant to change shape, and I'd be even more hesitant to return Callum immediately given his form.
Playing that system might click against Chelsea but how will it fare against a team like Burnley who will sit deep and try to bypass midfield at every opportunity...

"Stone, scissors, and paper" . What worked against Chelsea wouldn't necessarily work against Burnley, but anyone left out after Saturday would be very hard done by. Perhaps Eddie could use the same eleven that started, but set them up in a different way?
Best me to it...

The last 2 seasons we have struggled at home to Burnley. They will defend deep and compact. They also do not have a strong press so our defenders will have time on the ball.

I worry we will see a lot of sideways passing across out 2 flat lines of 4 all in front of Burnley. We saw on Saturday the benefit of Gosling and Fraser playing a role where they could break through the lines. Lewis Cook, while not having a major impact on the game, did occupy the half space on the right effectively so Stacey could overlap.

This is obviously going to be a totally different game. But if we are to break them down, we still need the same type of movement and fluidity to drag them out of their defensive shape.

Playing that system might click against Chelsea but how will it fare against a team like Burnley who will sit deep and try to bypass midfield at every opportunity...
Oh I agree, Burnley will be a very different sort of game.
I'd just suggest starting with something we know worked last time out, and see how it pans out. Stacey can get forwards to add the width that Cook may lack, and it might be nice to (for once) have an extra man in midfield.

There's nothing to stop us adding more forwards (Callum or Solanke) or wingers (Stan) as things go on.

For once it's a nice problem for Eddie to have!

It might be a bit demoralizing to drop any of the players who started at Chelsea. Especially since before that, the performances were so inconsistent/poor.
Seems that the lineup from the last game could easily be morphed into a 4-4-2 (King and Fraser up front), or even a 4-3-3 (if you make L Cook a winger, or perhaps let him sit centrally a little behind King and Fraser).
Either way, we will need people like Gosling overloading the box as I'm afraid they will really park it and try to frustrate us.

Hopefully Eddie will be able to keep the same team.
Burnley a bit of a bogey team for us I think, certainly lost at home the last time. They ground us down.

They have a couple of good, tall strikers in Barnes and Wood. I understand that their young winger is pretty good too - Dwight McNeil.

Watch what happens if they win the toss, they'll swap the sides around so that we're playing against the South Stand in the second half. Just a sample of the niggling things they do all through the match.

I'd stick with Solanke if King isn't fully fit, other than that it would be hard to drop any of that team. Maybe Wilson needs a new challenge, I wouldn't have him anywhere near the team at present!

;