so jack's not coming

I've seen 80k quoted for his wages and in some reports 90k, but this is the first time I've seen it reach 6 figures.

A few more games without a goal or assist and it'll be 120k....

When I first read the article my first thoughts were....what miserable looking bait, you'd have to have a brain the size of an pea to be hooked with that.......but fair play to him, he seems to know his quarry.

...he is the type of quality of player that we need to improve....I don't particularly like the guy but he has been very good for us IMO...pity that we don't have a GK & CB of his ability...we probably wouldn't be looking over our shoulders at this moment!

...he would be a massive signing, but I think that he would want some reassurances as to whether we were also going to get some better players alongside him? I watch his frustration on the pitch when players are not reading his passes or the ones he wants to make...

When you see Jack Wilshire on the ball, you are watching class. He makes room, opposition players back off. When Wilshire gets the ball there is always a positive feeling.

Whatever he costs, he is worth it.*

If King/Afobe could make more runs into space and Wilshire could feed more through, we would see more goals. Perhaps, also, if he were to have a pop himself.

*Given the stupid sums of money that wash through the Premier League.

He's a very good player and clearly our best but I must admit I thought he would have had a bit more impact thus far.

He was hyped up so much that I thought he'd be better than the other borderline world class player I watch every week. However age aside, I'd much rather have Giovinco than Wilshere (and before someone says they play different positions they both can play attacking mid although Giovinco has been mostly used at striker for TFC and is exceptional at both).

Hypothetical of course but that's all I have to compare him to since I watch them both more than any other exceptional players at that position.

Get a settled and properly functioning midfield around Jack, plus a regular striker starting in front of Jack making the same runs every week, and we'll see the best of Wilshere. Chopping and changing the formation and selections every week won't help anyone, least of all Wilshere.

As for whether or not Wilshere might be open to a longer term stint in Bournemouth - let's get through to the summer having survived ok first, then see how the land lies. We have bigger more pressing considerations right now than Wilshere's hypothetical next move.

I guess I'll be a heretic for this but apart from a couple of games, he's not been as effective as I had hoped he would be. I certainly accepted that at the beginning, getting fit again after so many injuries, it would take time before he found his feet. However, not only his lack of goals (although to be fair to him he never has been a notable goal-scoring midfielder), his lack of assists is also extremely low. He gets caught in possession far too often and tends to stroll through games. In fact, I tend to think that the loss of our attacking tempo is down to him. I don't doubt his general quality but the often overly extended virtue to such quality players is that it is other players fault for not reading his thoughts or not making the runs that sits in Wilshire's mind, is but an excuse for some of his indifferent performances. That he may get frustrated, as many of the players do, doesn't mean anything to me other than he is frustrated at his own level of productivity. Our players have been taught to move quickly into an attacking position so by the time Wilshire sits and waits to find the perfect ball (if such a thing exists beyond the pundits), our players have already moved into position but now, so have the defenders because of the late delivery meaning the space has now closed up.
I don't disagree that he may be much more effective in a team like Barcelona where holding the ball/possession and gradually pressing defences into mistakes, with the highest quality of players being able to make that last second change, he will shine.
It seems to me, albeit belatedly, that Eddie was hoping that a fitter Wilshire would bring more to the team and that he hasn't, leaves doubt in his mind over a possible long-term future. Having said that, here we are in February with our hopes for a third season in the Premier League in the balance (though I remain hopeful), I guess speculation on this sort of thing is a little premature, even if no manager worth his salt will guarantee a starting position every week.
I'm certainly not anti-Wilshire but apart from one or two games, our best performances have been against Arsenal and of course, Jack didn't play in them.

;