So the lack of substitutions today .

It’s one of eddie faults, don’t know why but he never changes a player at change the game, maybe an experience problem I don’t know, I think the only person who could give you a real answer is eddie himself, we can all surmise but will never know

Can’t really get my head around it ...any takers on explaining why on earth it took till the 90th minute ?

Only explanation is that it was working. Even though they were controlling the ball.they weren't looking like scoring until that free kick. I would have changed it at half time personally. Rico for Wilson or Ibe.

This plagued us last season as well ... we have gotten into a bit of a habit of not seeing out games. When we were 1-0, we forced them into making offensive changes. We should have made countering changes to add pace (we did look fairly slow up front) and disrupt them. By letting them come forward, we set ourselves up for the result. That said, I agree with SDD that they did not look dangerous until the free kick. Still, if we go into a shell, anything can happen including an error, a pen, an unexpected goal, etc. Just seems like a recurring issue.

Would agree about EHs reluctance to change sometimes. Given that he spends so long drilling a single shape, I imagine he might not trust the team to switch shape, so can understand why he doesn't. Perhaps from an ego point of view he sees changing shape as a failure, I don't know but I have seen that in myself and others before

Even at 1-0 we weren't fully dominating and I wanted to see Ibe, or someone who could find chinks in the Sheffield armour. We were doing a lot of sideways passing with no final product, and we needed a different type of player to create some openings.

Thought Rico had a really poor game with missed passes and being out of position and possible the worst shot I've witnessed since Benik Afobe graced our hallowed turf.
Eddie's substitutions or lack of them is perplexing. With Charlie Daniels fit and having played well in the Lazio game, why on earth was he not substituted on for a failing Rico.

Rico was crying out be subbed,but the problem was we had three centre backs too and Howe should have gone to a flat back four to allow better attacking options...I would taken Mepham and Rico off for Daniels and Harry Wilson and played him wide left?....also Eddie admitted Billing tired towards the end and maybe Surman should have been introduced for him?

Rico was crying out be subbed,but the problem was we had three centre backs too and Howe should have gone to a flat back four to allow better attacking options...I would taken Mepham and Rico off for Daniels and Harry Wilson and played him wide left?....also Eddie admitted Billing tired towards the end and maybe Surman should have been introduced for him?
Aye ....

Daniels for Rico was screaming to be done from about 60 odd minutes.

For the last 25 mins we couldn't retain any possession, more than 2 passes and we gave it away. Surman is good for helping that.

We looked lacking in ideas or pace in the front when when the ball rarely get to them. We had options there with Solanke or H.Wilson

We had very useful options yesterday that would have helped us out of that second half. For reasons only known to Eddie, he didn't feel the need to use them.

Only explanation is that it was working. Even though they were controlling the ball.they weren't looking like scoring until that free kick. I would have changed it at half time personally. Rico for Wilson or Ibe.
I think this is it - it was working (until the 88th minute free kick). We were sat behind Ramsdale in the second half and I’m struggling to remember a Sheff Utd shot on target until the goal. One sharp shot from McGoldrick flew past the post but I think that was all.
We were containing them fairly comfortably. They were certainly not all over us as I’ve read in some media reports. Would be interesting to see the second half stats.

they had a lot of the ball second half but didn't look like scoring. Stupid free kick to give away and we totally switched off to leave the short kick unmarked, one player Rico against 2 of theirs - quick pass and 10 yard sprint and easy cross.
They deserved a point though.

This is it though, in the PL you cannot allow the opposition to get almost total control of momentum and just rely on their lack of creativity thus far to ensure you see the game out.

That maybe works in League One.

Even the worst PL sides have one or two players capable of producing something of nothing, or capable of clinically finishing a half chance given by a defence switching off. And I suspect there will be some worse sides than them this season.

Better to try and solve problems you're under and wrestle back some momentum, than to cross your fingers and hope the lack of clear chances continues indefinitely.

I think this is it - it was working (until the 88th minute free kick). We were sat behind Ramsdale in the second half and I’m struggling to remember a Sheff Utd shot on target until the goal. One sharp shot from McGoldrick flew past the post but I think that was all.
We were containing them fairly comfortably. They were certainly not all over us as I’ve read in some media reports. Would be interesting to see the second half stats.

;