So, what happened?

I just think he’s discussed with family and feels burnt out, needs a rest, it’s pretty much a job that has been relentless. A natural break occurred so why not prioritise family and wellbeing now? He’ll have plenty of offers when he decides to come back into football. Wish Willo would’ve either kept his mouth shut or put up on Solent other day, not keep us in dark, that’s created a bit of a mystery. Tbh I’d now prefer a new direction, outside appt, club needs new motivation, fresh ideas. The squad of players we had should never have crumbled so easily & finished in bottom 3, still find this annoying

Best squad we ever had, with the longest injury list too. Also given the odd circumstances for the season end. I can't concede that Eddie should have been sacked, or forced out due to this seasons relegation

Eddie gave everything to the club. Heart soul, mind and body. At the end of the season he looked 10years older. It was obvious to see that he looked broken and it was heart wrenching to see. The man gave his all for the club, apart from the leaving us for Charlton, maybe Palace , actually I'll **************** off to Burnley episode, and although he came across remarkably calm in post match interviews he was broken. Even Steve Cook said after one of our last home games " we didn't do what the gaffer told us". Well why not Cookie?? Why the **************** not !! He's the manager. He tells you and the team what to do and you go and do it. The team stopped following Eddie's instructions and Eddie could see it happening Infront of him. After the season ended Eddie would've spoken to his wife , spoken to JT and spoken to Franno. During that week and taking their advice onboard he made his decision. A no doubt very difficult decision but for him the right one.
I fear that problems in the dressing room would've helped the decision. At what point did our players believe not listening to and following the managers instructions was the right way to go. Egos. The Fraser debacle, Solanke, both Wilson's. There were a few unhappy faces in the squad over the season. Some strange tactics and players being asked to play out of position.
The bottom line is I truly believe Eddie had enough. Had enough managing certain players, had enough of the bullshit from some of those players, relegation exhausted him, relegation hurt him and it hurts even more when it ' your' club.
I wish him good luck and hopes he finds himself in a good place quickly both mentally and work. We must look to the future and welcome the guy , whoever that may be.

Personally and this is based on nothing at all. I think it’s a combination of both sides of the coin.

Howe was open stay, that’s why talks went on so long and why people who had their finger on pulse all thought he would.

But either his own personal requests for assurances or guarantees weren’t met, or the board said something he didn’t like and due to being frazzled and emotionally drained he didn’t have the will to fight them.

He certainly deserves some family time and time away from football. But I’m not sure he will need long. As soon as a job that tempts him comes along he’ll be back. Premier League sackings tend to start in October don’t they?

I think the interviews all leading up to the end of the season suggested he'd walk, though I didn't want to admit it at the time. You can't tell your whole team before actually handing your notice in, it's not the way it's done.

I guess it depends if we know they met with the entire board in the days before it was announced? If it wasn't, it could have been as simple as the first time they were all together and he just said I can't do it anymore.

Its not a Training Ground until someone starts training on it....all talk so far.
...and the new season is possibly starting soon....so we might as well forget about it for now until we see a building rise off the ground on the so - called site. Not this season !

Ok another wild theory to put forward!

Eddie knew he needed to leave but one thing wrestling on his mind would have been the fact that his actions would very likely cause most if not all the back room staff to lose their jobs too. We joke that these are his mates but no doubt he would have felt a massive degree of guilt.

Perhaps the negotiations were Eddie pleading with the board to let him go but allow the rest to stay on. The board may have then sounded out potential candidates who all would have insisted they wanted to bring their own staff in.

Therefore, the only way to keep Eddie’s wishes would be an internal appointment hence the increasingly inevitable looking appointment of Tindall.

Therefore, the only way to keep Eddie’s wishes would be an internal appointment hence the increasingly inevitable looking appointment of Tindall.

Have I missed something, why's that looking inevitable? Or are you just going by the bookie's odds?

...Howe was open PLANNING to stay, that’s why talks went on so long and why people who had their finger on pulse all thought he would.

But either his own personal requests for assurances or guarantees weren’t met, or the board said something he didn’t like...

This

I’ve worked in jobs where the hours are stupidly long and you can only take it for so long even if he was on a fair whack of money. Money isn’t everything.

People tend to forget it was well documented Eddie used to be at the ground by 7am every morning and leave very late. He wouldn’t see his family much and lockdown gave him the opportunity to have what he had missed out of for years. I don’t believe there was anything else going on other than he felt he had let the club down and wasn’t sure he was the right man to take us up again and wanted a well deserved rest

I am pretty sure its something as simple as this. Eddie fell on his sword. Tired, knackered and emotional and seeing how he could spend time with his young family. Maybe Willo was just thinking the board should have tried harder to make him stay?

I am pretty sure its something as simple as this. Eddie fell on his sword. Tired, knackered and emotional and seeing how he could spend time with his young family. Maybe Willo was just thinking the board should have tried harder to make him stay?

The whole conspiracy theory thing is so boring. We will probably never know more than we know now which is what is in the statement so people should just move on.

Yes because it’s been a whole three days already.

I think people should be able to discuss the departure of our best ever manager for as long as they like.

Think you’ve mis-understood what I mean, sorry, I don’t have an issue with discussing it I’m just bored of the speculation other than what was mentioned in the statements, almost as if people want something to come out that he was sacked or had an argument or disagreement with the board instead of just letting it lie that he’s gone by mutual consent coupled with the fact we will never know anyway it seems pointless. I’m as disappointed as the next person doesn’t mean I’m overthinking why he’s left I’m just taking the statement on face value.

Towards the end of the season, most people were convinced Eddie was off even if we stayed up.

If that was the case back then, why does there now need to have been a falling out, a sacking or worse for him to have left?

;