Soccer AM

Silent AFCB

Fans' Favourite
So Helen Chamberlain has left the show after 22 years. Jimmy Bullard and Lloyd Griffith will present alongside Fenners.

It will be a totally different dynamic again like when Lovejoy left. No idea how it will pan out.

Reading this from the Telegraph, not leaving on her own choice.

Helen Chamberlain has been given the hook from Sky’s Soccer AM show after a remarkable 22-year stint.

Soccer AM, with viewers down to a paltry 61,000 (2016 Christmas Special) has been on its last legs for a while.

They have tried to change the format, the running time, and most of the presenters.

Chamberlain was probably the last variable Sky bosses could tinker with.

However, the manner of her departure, with Sky not acknowledging her long service in their announcement, leaves a bad taste.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2017/08/08/helen-chamberlains-soccer-axing-another-kick-teeth-women-football/

The show is a strange one. They have some absolute garbage which certainly fills about 80% of it, but I do like the calibre of guests they bring on, and their interview technique is certainly different than the standard line of questioning you get from the normal channels. I will only watch if recorded so I can skip past all of the crap. Now they've got Bullard in, I'll probably give it a miss altogether. The guy is the footballing Joey Essex, absolute plank.

I follow them on Facebook. Have some fun features and videos. Bullard is a laugh on the know your drill stuff he does.

Absolutely awful show, but always a great opportunity to dig this out:

http://www.wsc.co.uk/the-archive/42-Media/145-no-love-no-joy

I am surprised it has lasted this long it's been crap for a number of years now,well past it's sell by date.

It used to be must watch tv on a Saturday morning sadly not any more

Played against The Badgers in 2000 at Dorchester, really good bunch at that time, Helen was lovely and Lovejoy was a good bloke too. Went to see the show around three years later, Helen was still lovely but Lovejoy was less so, by this time, believing his own hype.

The show has been dodgy for a while now sadly. The heyday of having the likes of Sheephead, Neil, Tubes at his best etc....long gone.

I think it's pretty shoddy to get rid of Helen while the show carries on, if nothing else, she is a proper football fan and knows her stuff. They could have least paid some kind of tribute to her when announcing the plans.

Only accidentally caught the odd bit of Soccer am over the last few yrs, having been an avid viewer back in the day.
The bits I have seen have been painfully laddish and trying far too hard to be funny, coz football's for pissed up working class boys innit?

Maybe going a bit upmarket and, dare I say, trying to be a bit more intelligent might encourage a few more people to watch.

GARYafCb - 8/8/2017 19:53

Maybe going a bit upmarket and, dare I say, trying to be a bit more intelligent might encourage a few more people to watch.

I'm not sure having Jimmy Bullard as presenter will make it more intelligent :hihi:

bigfatolly - 8/8/2017 21:30

GARYafCb - 8/8/2017 19:53

I'm not sure having Jimmy Bullard as presenter will make it more intelligent :hihi:

Jimmy Bullard and a comedian are not going to take it in that direction.

The BT Sport version, Fletch and Sav was much better even with its clear disadvantage of having Robbie Savage as its main pundit.

It was ditched once BT lost the early kick off game though.

;