Social media boycott

Most players have been boycotting it for years, employing 3rd parties to run their media accounts

They'll never eliminate online abuse until people are held accountable for the things they type. I realise this is an obvious thing to say but not a lot seems to be forcing Facebook and companies like that to open up their accounts for police forces to track these people down.

It's bloody pathetic taking a weekend off social media.

It's like protesting supermarket practices by delaying your weekly shop.by a day.

It’s symbolic though. A lot of things start with symbolism. I don’t think the people putting flowers in the guns of Russian soldiers in Budapest were thinking ‘that bullet will never get past that petal’. You have to start somewhere, very few protests damage companies on day one.

They'll never eliminate online abuse until people are held accountable for the things they type. I realise this is an obvious thing to say but not a lot seems to be forcing Facebook and companies like that to open up their accounts for police forces to track these people down.
I guess the hope will be this is all stooped on official platforms but you won't stop those unofficial accounts and sites who allow this to go on.

If anything surely having to mass boycott social media is admitting that the trolls have won? I really don’t see what kind of statement this is making or how it will help in any way lol. They’ll just resume abuse on Monday.

If anything surely having to mass boycott social media is admitting that the trolls have won? I really don’t see what kind of statement this is making or how it will help in any way lol. They’ll just resume abuse on Monday.
It's not aimed at the trolls. It's aimed at the social media giants who do absolutely nothing to combat racism on their forums. Yet someone I know put a picture of a local water ditch, correctly referred to it as a dyke and had his post removed by Facebook.

;