Something for the oldies.

RobW
Do you think its ok to type out such language, even if you are quoting another article
Get your point, but its not right to repeat

There are some pretty 'nasty' posts that should never be allowed on various other social media and newspaper sites. I wonder if they are really moderated properly.

Many many years back my Dad told me he used to know someone on Jack Hargreaves film crew and he told him that some of the fishing "catches" were rigged. As a kid who was a keen angler at the time that somewhat deflated me as I used to watch his programme regularly. No idea if its true or not, like to think not.

Many many years back my Dad told me he used to know someone on Jack Hargreaves film crew and he told him that some of the fishing "catches" were rigged. As a kid who was a keen angler at the time that somewhat deflated me as I used to watch his programme regularly. No idea if its true or not, like to think not.
Jack Hargreaves was the product of a PR company. Not to take anything away from the programmes but they were carefully constructed by a team of researchers fronted up by gentle Jack. I must admit they were my go to piece of tv when I was young and they certainly helped reinforce my love of the beautiful countryside around where I lived in West Howe, Canford Heath, Longham before the tip was built.

Jack Hargreaves was the product of a PR company. Not to take anything away from the programmes but they were carefully constructed by a team of researchers fronted up by gentle Jack. I must admit they were my go to piece of tv when I was young and they certainly helped reinforce my love of the beautiful countryside around where I lived in West Howe, Canford Heath, Longham before the tip was built.
Its hard to think of what it was like near Longham Bridge before the Millhams tip was built. It was a great piece of country between Longham and Kinson. Back then you could drive all the way along Millhams Lane from the Stour, over the bridge crossing the stream and past the old church and come out by Pelhams park. Spent most of my childhood round there. The old "smugglers" tunnel by the church was legendary amongst us kids, you could crawl a long way down it until it got blocked off by the council.
Often fished the Stour anywhere from Longham to Dudsbury.

Upper Parkstone to Longham as a 13year old by pushbike for a picnic ( bottle of corona and crisps ) messed about in the river until the cycle back..........seemed a very long way to me then my trip to the country............................

Upper Parkstone to Longham as a 13year old by pushbike for a picnic ( bottle of corona and crisps ) messed about in the river until the cycle back..........seemed a very long way to me then my trip to the country............................
Up and down the Alder Hills, then get past the West Howe and East Howe mushers, then through the Kinson wild west.....................................You were a brave lad !!!

Good ol Jack...I could watch that all day...
his magic chalk and that stick..
...if only we could have him back and in the Cherries dressing room at halftime...to sort out the formations and poke a player or two!

He would double up as groundsman..or cheer leader....¶ Say what you will...the Cherries are here to Thrill..de dah de dah de dah de dah ¶

Sorry about that... but he did manage to get on the Forum!

Good ol Jack...I could watch that all day...
his magic chalk and that stick..
...if only we could have him back and in the Cherries dressing room at halftime...to sort out the formations and poke a player or two!

He would double up as groundsman..or cheer leader....¶ Say what you will...the Cherries are here to thrill dah de dah de dah de dah ¶

Sorry about that... but he did manage to get on the Forum!

you CAN watch it all day!

;