Sporting achievements. Non

I think people are going a bit over the top about this.

Yes it is a great achievement for a 'British' women (wearing Romanian colours) but there have been a number of others winning a Grand Slam before, at a younger age.

1. Martina Hingis – 16 years and 117 days
2. Monica Seles – 16 years and 189 days
3. Tracy Austin – 16 years and 270 days
4. Maria Sharapova – 17 years and 75 days
5. Aranxta Sanchez Vicario – 17 years and 174 days
6. Serena Williams – 17 years and 350 days
7. Steffi Graf – 17 years and 357 days
8. Emma Raducanu – 18 years and 302 days

I am not a tennis fan but I know who will win SPOTTY this year, now.

Romanian colours? You sure?

She's the first qualifier to ever win a grand slam. It's a huge achievement irrespective of your dodgy quotation marks. SPOTTY is a load of old crap, this girl has already achieved much bigger things than that.

Romanian colours? You sure?

She's the first qualifier to ever win a grand slam. It's a huge achievement irrespective of your dodgy quotation marks. SPOTTY is a load of old crap, this girl has already achieved much bigger things than that.
What colours would you call them ?

View attachment 6352
She has the world at her feet......Already been on the cover of Vogue magazine, done a modelling shoot, and that's without the tennis.....if managed correctly she is going to be one rich woman...(y)
Already a rich kid, just hope she can handle the pressure, having every step you take being photographed with reporters camped outside your house. No privacy now.

What colours would you call them ?

I would call them red and blue - as Romanian as British.

I don't know why people need to try and undermine the woman's success by pointing out her non-british connections. Pretty much every British female tennis player you can think of has some ’foreign’ links. Like most Brits.

Well the Rumanian flag is red blue and yellow, she had a red and blue outfit with yellow sun visor.......not trying to undermine her at all.....you questioned the colours

Today’s UK Sportsman’s Achievement Award goes to Lewis Hamilton for parking his company car under Max Verstappen’s.

A lot of money down the tubes there.

680FECC2-2505-4F3B-85E8-A3F04D68EF2A.jpeg

Are you sure she wasn’t wearing the colours of Andorra or Chad or Colombia or Moldova or Venezuela or maybe just a combination of colours that she liked?

Nowhere near as close but Ivanisevic, near the end of his career and down on his luck, winning Wimbledon in 2001 as a wildcard entry is the last time I can remember something comparable in tennis. His match vs Rafter was a true classic.

Today’s UK Sportsman’s Achievement Award goes to Lewis Hamilton for parking his company car under Max Verstappen’s.

A lot of money down the tubes there.

View attachment 6353

A former world champion has said that Max has calculatingly taken Lewis out. A former race steward has agreed.

Even Max’s team boss can at best claim “racing incident”, sheepishly, whilst praising the halo from saving Lewis from serious injury.

Yes it is a great achievement for a 'British' women (wearing Romanian colours) but there have been a number of others winning a Grand Slam before, at a younger age.
Please ditch the "inverted commas". They might seem insignificant, but they make you look like one of the racists who looks at a person's face or skin colour or ancestry and thinks "they aren't British".

It has been a slogan of the National Front ever since the Windrush appeared. The BNP which followed. Ever since Windrush, they have looked at immigrants and the descendants of immigrants as unworthy to be called British.

If you want to look at a grown person like Rusedski and decide that he isn't British because he made his decision as an adult and their were other factors, then fair enough. I don't have to agree, but there is logic behind your belief. But to claim that a person brought here at 2 years old can not be considered British simply because her blood isn't pure - that is, quite simply, racism. I hope you were trying to make a throwaway humourous remark, not a BNP truly held belief.

A former world champion has said that Max has calculatingly taken Lewis out. A former race steward has agreed.

Even Max’s team boss can at best claim “racing incident”, sheepishly, whilst praising the halo from saving Lewis from serious injury.

I totally agree with them as well.

Max had the choice to run off but decided to try and squeeze a 2m wide rocket on wheels into a gap that was closing, and all the while being marginally behind Hamilton.

He knew that if he’d let Hamilton get away, the race was over.

As for Christian Horner, of course he’s going to defend his man but after his tantrums following Silverstone, his stance today was mildly embarrassing.

Max had the choice to run off but decided to try and squeeze a 2m wide rocket on wheels into a gap that was closing, and all the while being marginally behind Hamilton.

As for Christian Horner, of course he’s going to defend his man but after his tantrums following Silverstone, his stanch today was mildly embarrassing.

They were "mildly" embarrassing at the time to be honest. Crashtappen has a reputation for a reason. Expects everyone to get out of his way.

As for Christian Horner, of course he’s going to defend his man but after his tantrums following Silverstone, his stance today was mildly embarrassing.

3 place grid penalty at the next race

;