Spurs vs Wolves

Yep. Foyth is a shocking defender, didn’t target him. Didn’t target their crappy makeshift defence. Terrible individual errors. It was a terrible game that I want to forget :D

Yup - Wolves dish out a lesson to Spurs and AFCB. Win by mobilising a defiant, energetic midfield. For over two months now we’ve had a soggy centre - midfield players around Lerma unwilling/unable to tackle and hold the ball. Executive action needed in the transfer window. Eddie???

Yup - Wolves dish out a lesson to Spurs and AFCB. Win by mobilising a defiant, energetic midfield. For over two months now we’ve had a soggy centre - midfield players around Lerma unwilling/unable to tackle and hold the ball. Executive action needed in the transfer window. Eddie???
You're not going to mention Joe Allen again are you?....:rolleyes:

Thing is, we have had a very bad spell in our previous seasons and come through them, and we will probably again. What annoys me most is when they all, management and players, rabbit on about learning from a defeat, we seem to have learnt nothing. The same defensive errors are repeated time and time again.

Just got back from a non league game that was 5-0 where the losers played all the football but we're scared to score because they were playing the top table team!...........and then I see this result......good old Wolves...all teeth... ...no rabbits in the headlights from them!!
SO.........Come on Boscombe.....Ooooarrrggghhoof and into the barstewards!

Expected goals where about equal and many pundits (not that I personally put much weight in it) talking about it not being a 5-0 game.

We definitely didn't deserve to lose 5-0, but we did deserve to lose, and we didn't show the same hunger as against Chelsea in the cup. I actually thought Chelsea looked a better side (although lacking a cutting edge). The way they pinged it about in the first 10 minutes in the quarter final, I thought we were in for a hammering.

It's key to hang in there against good sides, and not let 1-0 quickly become 2 or 3. Most teams will drop off at some point (look at the examples of City vs Palace and Leicester, Spurs today etc.). Unfortunately we have a bit of a habit of capitulating by conceding 2 or 3 in quick succession.

Anyway, onwards (with a little bit of trepidation) to Old Trafford! We need to believe we can get something from the game!

People on Twitter wetting themselves about the Wolves result, don't want to see the same on here! Great result for them but lets face it, a team that costs many millions more than ours and with no injury problems so far this season. Take out three of four regulars with injury and they are not massively strong outside the first eleven or twelve.
I know they have better results against the top six than we have but we had very close games against four of the six remember.
Our fault against Spurs was missing the early chances and then allowing them to score too easily once the first had gone in.

People on Twitter wetting themselves about the Wolves result, don't want to see the same on here! Great result for them but lets face it, a team that costs many millions more than ours and with no injury problems so far this season. Take out three of four regulars with injury and they are not massively strong outside the first eleven or twelve.
I know they have better results against the top six than we have but we had very close games against four of the six remember.
Our fault against Spurs was missing the early chances and then allowing them to score too easily once the first had gone in.
They have done a lot better than us against the top 6 tbf....although they've also done much worse than us against the bottom 6!....not sure what that says about either us or them tbh.

They have done a lot better than us against the top 6 tbf....although they've also done much worse than us against the bottom 6!....not sure what that says about either us or them tbh.

Its very strange isn't it. People say how they are miles better than us but they lost at home to Huddersfield and had a wobble around that time too. I still believe a couple of key injuries would really mess with them.

I think their system suits teams coming on to them hence their results against Man City...Man Utd ...Spurs and of course Us lol... ..they struggle when they have to go and attack teams hence them losing to the likes of Cardiff ...Huddersfield...Brighton......i watched them against Fulham who sat back and countered them....Wolves didn't seem to know what to do tbh.

;