Squad numbers

Of 'what on earth' relevance has 'squad numbers' to how we perform ?
My sincere apologies but where in my post do I mention, hint, intimate, infer, insinuate squad numbers have anything whatsoever to do with performance? Not quite sure I understand your question, please enlighten me.

My sincere apologies but where in my post do I mention, hint, intimate, infer, insinuate squad numbers have anything whatsoever to do with performance? Not quite sure I understand your question, please enlighten me.

My apologies too if it reflected too heavily on your post( I didn't mention you or the post)...but I've actually asked the question before and quizzically referred to squad numbers , often sarcastically many times in previous seasons..
I guess your post just sparked me off again.
..I still haven't got any answers. I just don't get why squad numbers are important enough to mention.... however I could just put that down to poor research or communication by myself.

In many respects you are right they have no relevance apart from say big clubs where numbers become iconic. Some numbers are 'retired' by teams when a player dies. It's just all part of the modern game.

Squad numbers are fun. I think they can also give a lift when a player is given a “better” number, it can reflect a better position in the squad. On paper at least lol, not really worked for Brooks.

;