[36] Matt Butcher (Age: 22)
[38] Nnamdi Ofoborh (Age: 20)
[53] Gavin Kilkenny (Age: 20)

Forwards:
[7] Joshua King (Age: 27)
[9] Dominic Solanke (Age: 21)
[13] Callum Wilson (Age: 27)
[54] Alex Dobre (Age: 20)

Unless I'm mistaken, we have 26 players over the age of 21, and obviously you have the 25 squad limit. Are we just going to not register someone like Matt Butcher to be able to play in the league? And if you're going to turn 21 after the season starts, do you have to recalculate the squad after the January window? Bit confused as to how it works.

Also, that squad looks fantastic, any anyone who thinks we're going down this year is an actual moron :slap:

And if you're going to turn 21 after the season starts, do you have to recalculate the squad after the January window?
No. The cut off date is 1st Jan 2019. Anyone aged 20 or under on that date is deemed an U21 for the entire 19/20 season even if they turn 21 during the season.

You are right that we have 26 players so I guess Butcher will miss out and will be loaned to a L1 or L2 club as their window is still open.

No. The cut off date is 1st Jan 2019. Anyone aged 20 or under on that date is deemed an U21 for the entire 19/20 season even if they turn 21 during the season.

You are right that we have 26 players so I guess Butcher will miss out and will be loaned to a L1 or L2 club as their window is still open.

Thanks.

Thanks TC (always wanted to say that!).

A quick check suggests that Aaron Ramsdale still counts as U21 because he turned 21 in May this year. Chris Mepham and Dominic Solanke don’t because their 21st birthdays were last autumn.

So it looks as if the squad needs to lose two non-U21 players.

With this squad our average age is around 25 as well; thats got to be one of the youngest in the league surely; even including Boruc!

....remember the days of the old school yard!

1.Boruc

2. Smith
5. Ake
6. Cook
3. Daniels

7. Fraser
4. Billing
8. Lerma
11. Danjuma

9. Wilson
10. King

Hahaha, well the actual squad and numbers must be submitted to the PL today so we'lll have an official confirmation at some point today. Looking at the numbers I did wonder what the team would be on numbers, not terrible

-------------Boruc
Francis---Ake---Surman---Cook
-------Gosling-------Lerma
-----King----Ibe------Daniels
------------Solanke

“As a manager you never get totally what you want, but in the main we were well backed and supported. I’m really looking forward to working with the new players and getting to know them better.

“When everyone is back, it’s the best squad that I’ve had the privilege of managing here, we’ll work to get everyone back and we’re excited by that.”

Never get totally what you want?

Thanks TC (always wanted to say that!).

A quick check suggests that Aaron Ramsdale still counts as U21 because he turned 21 in May this year. Chris Mepham and Dominic Solanke don’t because their 21st birthdays were last autumn.

So it looks as if the squad needs to lose two non-U21 players.

No - 33 players listed - 7 still count as U21 - Ramsdale, Kelly, Taylor, Ofoborh, Travers, Kilkenny & Dobre - so only one needs shedding I think.

25 man squad (including under 21s)

Full squad list
1. Artur Boruc
2. Simon Francis
3. Steve Cook
4. Dan Gosling
5. Nathan Ake
6. Andrew Surman
7. Joshua King
8. Jefferson Lerma
9. Dominic Solanke
10. Jordon Ibe