ST Renewal?

GaryRB

UTC Legend
International breaks lead to the mind wandering.
I've seen at away games clubs offering ST renewals(admittedly at places looking doomed to go down), but now we are again looking certain of staying up, anyone know of any rumours associated with next seasons prices/plans?
Last few years haven't been as bad as some doom-mongers suggested, so similar rise this year?

I think they've been frozen now for 3 seasons...???? Whilst I absolutely get that they don't need to with our teeeny ground, I still would like to see the club offer some incentive schemes, that either rewarded continued support of historical support etc.

Last edited:
Sounds about right to me SJL, I think we had a fairly big increase for the first season in PL then frozen since.
that first season was expensive as I recall regularly paying about £40 + for away tickets and in some cases over £50.

I think they've been frozen now for 3 seasons...???? Whilst I absolutely get that tehy don't need ot with our teeeny goround, I still would like to see the club offer some incentive schemes, that eitehr reward continued supprt of historical support etc.

Can't say I agree. ST holders are pretty lucky and I'm personally happy to pay my fair share and would rather they concentrated on schemes to allow more people to see the side.

There's no waiting list for season tickets, right?

Can't say I agree. ST holders are pretty lucky and I'm personally happy to pay my fair share and would rather they concentrated on schemes to allow more people to see the side.

Had an ST since the start of the JB era in the 1970’s. So there have been advantages having an ST, plenty of other seasons you could virtually pick your seat/spot in an empty stand or on the terraces amongst the 4,000 + or - supporters.

A cull of plastics who have STs would help.

Anybody who has missed a few games, especially the less high profile games should be given the heave ho to free up places for new ST holders.

Any new applicants should have to go through a face to face interview to see if they're Boscombe enough before they even get into a ballot for a ticket.

ST holding fans who can't be arsed to go to high profile home games like City and United should be awarded 5 away points per match missed.

Not saying that I don't want this either... I just think the club don't do enough to reward its fans, be that ST holders are the few that get an oppotunity to get in on an ad hoc basis... Ticket incentives are non-existant...

I guess the debate will roll on as long as have an ability to only squeeze 7k ST holders inot our ground, with no wait list and no sign of ever being able to have more inside DC...

Anybody who has missed a few games, especially the less high profile games should be given the heave ho to free up places for new ST holders.
Like the theory, but are the only 2 ways to 'officially' track that;
1. A report from Twickets to see who sold on their ticket?
2. Use the entry system to view attendance, see how often the seat was unused

Either way, any penalty to ST holders would put people off Twickets, and promote the ST being passed around (potentially to anyone)to ensure it was used

Twickets must involve the club because (I believe) there is still some elements of points involved. Plus don't the club get a cut as well.

There are lots of reason why people don't go to some matches including sickness and travel problems for evening games as an example. It isn't a black and white situation and how many really know about Twickets another example of poor communication from the club.

Any new applicants should have to go through a face to face interview to see if they're Boscombe enough before they even get into a ballot for a ticket.

ST holding fans who can't be arsed to go to high profile home games like City and United should be awarded 5 away points per match missed.

Only fans that live locally or have no commitments preventing them from going to all matches are worthy.

Don't remember that criteria being applied when the club were desperate for the money.

Or do we also apply a non-JCL filter.

There is certainly more on general sale season upon season and for longer and less points.
B_C - having started out with zero points at the beginning of the season but then managing to get a ticket for the first home game (and that vital first point), I've been able to get tickets for most games this season - except for Man Utd and Man City (didn't bother - flu).
I have noticed that recently, the last couple of times on a Friday at 11am how FEW tickets were available so I think it depends on who is playing, what tickets are being returned (fewer at the moment) and what day the the match is played.
Certainly it was easier to get tickets in August and early September.

I think I have enough points for next season to get tickets sooner in the sale cycle.
It is really difficult getting that first point.

Seem to recall you missing a few while trecking around mosquito infested SE Asia.............. Hand your ticket over:guns::utc:

Christ on a bike folks; how long have I been posting on here?

Do I have to put the word "Humour" or "Serious"at the start of each post?

3 people have 'liked' the original post.

If they thought I was serious and agreed, they should be the first to hand in their ST so somebody more deserving gets a go. :grinning:

Bloody elitist Uber Fans.:throw:

Last edited:
Christ on a bike folks; how long have I been posting on here?

Do I have to put the word "Humour" or "Serious"at the start of each post?

3 people have 'liked' the original post.

If they thought I was serious and agreed they should be the first to hand in their ST so somebody more deserving gets a go. :grinning:

Bloody elitist Uber Fans.:throw:

Yes if you could put "Humour attempt" before your posts it would save the misunderstandings.

You raised the prospect of a systematic cull of Season Ticket holders that I don't like - not only do I feel duped out of a "like" but I've also spent the last two hours drawing up a list of people who should be culled - for no good reason.

note: this post has been a "humour attempt"

Finger pointing at ST is not the right way to go. Nor someone applying judgements on why someone attended or not as a valid enough reason.

My daughter gave up a ST due to starting uni 2 years ago and this season she has got a ticket for every home game she wanted to go to since October as bought online before the match; Twickets is a great idea so don’t punish ST for doing the right thing! Plus I know for some games there have been a few tickets still available on match day mornings. Admittedly you can’t plan ahead and people living away can’t stroll up on the off chance on matchday but the scope is there for people to attend this season vs last season when it was impossible for her.

;