ST Renewal?

B_C - having started out with zero points at the beginning of the season but then managing to get a ticket for the first home game (and that vital first point), I've been able to get tickets for most games this season - except for Man Utd and Man City (didn't bother - flu).
I have noticed that recently, the last couple of times on a Friday at 11am how FEW tickets were available so I think it depends on who is playing, what tickets are being returned (fewer at the moment) and what day the the match is played.
Certainly it was easier to get tickets in August and early September.

I think I have enough points for next season to get tickets sooner in the sale cycle.
It is really difficult getting that first point.

This post should be highlighted more when people moan that they cannot watch us play as they cannot get into matches. The same ones who just happen to be busy the night we play in front of a smaller cup game crowd.

If you want to watch us play, you can. Thats the worry with a bigger stadium.

This post should be highlighted more when people moan that they cannot watch us play as they cannot get into matches. The same ones who just happen to be busy the night we play in front of a smaller cup game crowd.

If you want to watch us play, you can. Thats the worry with a bigger stadium.

People want to sit together. Thats part of the entertainment experience a bit like the cinema. Your chances of getting seats together through the above mentioned process are nil. You can't take your kids etc.

People want to sit together. Thats part of the entertainment experience a bit like the cinema. Your chances of getting seats together through the above mentioned process are nil. You can't take your kids etc.

Nil? You know this?

I know a family of 3 who came to their first games near the end of last season. They now come to every game and sit together.

So its very possible. Just get tickets to a less attractive home game. Then work up the points tree.

Agree. Lets drop it back down to 5k capacity just in case.
A bit of a childish response but of course you're part of the ' never wrong and what I think is always right' brigade. I don't believe a few seasons in the premier League has increased our future support levels by 10,000 . I don't seem to remember people clambering for tickets when we league1, 2 or even the championship. I remember a championship game against Rotherham pulling in 9,000 and we were top of the league. Sorry but your delusional if you think we'd pull 20,000 to any championship game, we just don't have the fan base . My opinion is a 15,000 capacity would suit but I'm wrong of course and you Rob are absolutely right

Oh and I'd better clear up the Championship bit. Of course I don't wish relegation on us and hope we spend many years to come in the premier League and I'm sure that Swansea , west Bromwich, Leeds, Sheffield Wednesday, Middlesbrough, etc etc etc all believed they would stay in the PL forever.....

A bit of a childish response but of course you're part of the ' never wrong and what I think is always right' brigade. I don't believe a few seasons in the premier League has increased our future support levels by 10,000 . I don't seem to remember people clambering for tickets when we league1, 2 or even the championship. I remember a championship game against Rotherham pulling in 9,000 and we were top of the league. Sorry but your delusional if you think we'd pull 20,000 to any championship game, we just don't have the fan base . My opinion is a 15,000 capacity would suit but I'm wrong of course and you Rob are absolutely right
I've been outdone on the childish response it would seem. There isn't a 'brigade', just people with different opinions, but if it helps you to believe that then fair enough.

I couldn't say if a game with Rotherham would attract a bigger or smaller crowd, but I'm sure there would be matches when we could exceed what we have now. There were occasions in the past, when football was at its lowest ebb, when AFCB could attract bigger gates.

The point is that building for failure is easy. If we'd taken that approach then we wouldn't have progressed to (barely) above capacity. Even big games in League 1 & 2 attracted some decent gates. I reckon a 16-17k next step would suffice at least regularly in our current division. Luckily I'm not spending the money.

I love to be optimistic...but when we cant even sell out 10k for a cup game when apparently 1000s are desperate to want to see us play, what chance in the Championship?

Should we build a 20-25k stadium? Of course we should. Will we fill it if we were to drop down? Very unlikely.

I love to be optimistic...but when we cant even sell out 10k for a cup game when apparently 1000s are desperate to want to see us play, what chance in the Championship?

Should we build a 20-25k stadium? Of course we should. Will we fill it if we were to drop down? Very unlikely.

When was the last time the home ends weren’t full for cup games? All have seemed full for the last few seasons. Some have been pretty empty at Ko, but that due to the ineptness of the club getting everyone in on time.

Brighton and Hove Infrastructure spent a while with 4-figure gates in a dreadful alleged stadium but seem to be doing alright attendance wise in their new mahoosive ground.

Even Reading are averaging 14,500 this season and they've been garbage mostly! They used to get similar crowds to us.

Personally, I'd be happier in a few years with 10-15,000 in a 25,000 stadium than a missing generation of kids as is happening now.

Nil? You know this?

I know a family of 3 who came to their first games near the end of last season. They now come to every game and sit together.

So its very possible. Just get tickets to a less attractive home game. Then work up the points tree.

Lets take Fulham at home for example. Probably one of the least attractive games this season. Only those with 17 home points are able to buy tickets at the moment and a quick look at the site shows no more than about 60 tickets left with only a few locations where you could buy together. So your family can't even buy for this game yet I'd guess.. If these tickets sell before Sunday they won't be going to Fulham at home.

If they have managed such an amazing feat its not at all typical and they are extremely fortunate.

I've been outdone on the childish response it would seem. There isn't a 'brigade', just people with different opinions, but if it helps you to believe that then fair enough.

I couldn't say if a game with Rotherham would attract a bigger or smaller crowd, but I'm sure there would be matches when we could exceed what we have now. There were occasions in the past, when football was at its lowest ebb, when AFCB could attract bigger gates.

The point is that building for failure is easy. If we'd taken that approach then we wouldn't have progressed to (barely) above capacity. Even big games in League 1 & 2 attracted some decent gates. I reckon a 16-17k next step would suffice at least regularly in our current division. Luckily I'm not spending the money.

Well we agree on something ! 16-17k would be about right , leaving room for expansion of ever required. ( In my opinion)

Why are we all suddenly of the opinion that every game needs to be sold out? For some reason half our support are suddenly of the opinion that it an additional seat has the potential to be empty at some stage in the future then we shouldn’t add it. Christ, if that was the case then Man City would still be at Maine Road and Leicester at Filbert Street.

It absolutely beggars belief that people think the ground doesn’t need expanding. Even if we only fill it in the Prem for half the games and then only once or twice a year should we end up back in the Championsip then it’ll still have been worth doing to grow future support and stature of the club.

Why are we all suddenly of the opinion that every game needs to be sold out? For some reason half our support are suddenly of the opinion that it an additional seat has the potential to be empty at some stage in the future then we shouldn’t add it. Christ, if that was the case then Man City would still be at Maine Road and Leicester at Filbert Street.

It absolutely beggars belief that people think the ground doesn’t need expanding. Even if we only fill it in the Prem for half the games and then only once or twice a year should we end up back in the Championsip then it’ll still have been worth doing to grow future support and stature of the club.

Empty seats are important because it needs to be paid for and they affect the future income stream. Unlike all of the other new grounds being built we have no way of boosting funding by selling land or developing flats or commercial property within the development.

Empty seats might not bother you and I as fans but they will definitely bother whoever is funding this thing or lending money for it.

When was the last time the home ends weren’t full for cup games? All have seemed full for the last few seasons. Some have been pretty empty at Ko, but that due to the ineptness of the club getting everyone in on time.

They dropped to 0 points for many days in advance. I know at least 2 cup games were still selling on the day.

;