Stanislas & Surridge

As said on the other thread, Stan was bang out of order more than once last night. You can hear on that clip what the North Stand thought about the incident.

Stan can be a great player, especially at this level but the one complaint most would have about him (other than his limbs made of glass) is that he is too selfish as a player. So he should be the last one to get so angry at our striker having a shot on goal and forcing a save.

As said on the other thread, Stan was bang out of order more than once last night. You can hear on that clip what the North Stand thought about the incident.

Stan can be a great player, especially at this level but the one complaint most would have about him (other than his limbs made of glass) is that he is too selfish as a player. So he should be the last one to get so angry at our striker having a shot on goal and forcing a save.

You just beat me to it. So many times last night he had the easier option but either chose to overplay it, or not play a pass at all.

I’ve seen it mentioned on another thread but here is the video footage of Surridge’s attempt, which I couldn’t have been any closer to behind the goal and was more than a reasonable close effort.

Perhaps Stanislas has a few things going on, I didn’t see his ‘words’ with Kelly but it seems completely out of character.

Bowyer v Dyer - now that was bad !

As someone said perfectly last night, everything good and bad went through Stanislas last night.

Which is quite often the case with your playmakers. David Brooks and Danjuma are very often the same. They’ll drift in and out of games, Brooks last night for example slowed the tempo down and made wrong decisions as well...but then made one excellent pass in the first half and made the run and the assist to link up well with Stanislas for the goal.

In games like last night you need that vision to get between the lines to break them down. Something they’d clearly been working on as there will be more games like this with defences sat deep.

Stanislas was very vocal last night, something we need from our senior players, some on pitch leadership, some pride in the team, something that we have lacked for a year. It obviously doesn’t come naturally to Stanislas otherwise he would have been more vocal in the past. Did he get everything right last night? No and he’s rubbed people up the wrong way with his execution, but was he right to have the words with Kelly and Surridge, I think so.

The Kelly incident, he wanted Kelly to make a particular run, he wanted him on the shoulder past the defender on the angle, cutting inside, in between the lines, you can tell that was the plan and the expected pass. If you’re a full back you link up with the winger. You need to be on the same wavelength to have the success we had with Francis/Ritchie Daniels/Pugh, you’re not going to get that if the talented youngster doesn’t listen.

With Surridge, same mistake of being vocal and animated from a distance, but two wrongs don’t make a right. Sam’s reaction to Stanislas is wrong as well and we shouldn’t be getting close to a physical altercation with Surridge grabbing Stanislas by the collar and Stanislas pushing him away.

I’m sure it will all be forgotten already in the dressing room, but lessons to be learned from both sides.

Dave...What was the wrong reaction from Sam? Talk me through what he should have done when a senior pro is all but spitting at him in rage?

Sam was 100% right and cooly walked away while an enraged Stan was dragged off.

Embarrassing

I’ll talk you through what he shouldn’t have done if we’re expecting every player to be perfect in their reactions... he shouldn’t have told him to **** off and he shouldn’t have grabbed him by the collar.

I’ll talk you through what he shouldn’t have done if we’re expecting every player to be perfect in their reactions... he shouldn’t have told him to **** off and he shouldn’t have grabbed him by the collar.

If you watch the clips back Junior raised his hands on Sam. Sam pushed him away and walked off. Meanwhile Junior is trying to break away from a Wycombe player holding him back to have another go at him.

PS...have you finally changed your stance that he was telling him to go to the corner, which he clearly wasnt, he was simply mad that Surridge dare not to give him the ball for a shot.

Let himself, team mates and fans down last night did Stan.

Needs to come out and publicly apologise.

I really felt for Sam.

If you watch the clips back Junior raised his hands on Sam. Sam pushed him away and walked off. Meanwhile Junior is trying to break away from a Wycombe player holding him back to have another go at him.

PS...have you finally changed your stance that he was telling him to go to the corner, which he clearly wasnt, he was simply mad that Surridge dare not to give him the ball for a shot.

I’ve seen the two clips I’ve posted about.

I don’t think it needs a forensic analysis to apportion blame solely on one person.

No one learns anything from it that way. Stanislas takes responsibility for his part and Surridge takes responsibility for his part and they move on.

He didn’t just make a point though. On both occasions he just went on and on. Even when Cook tried to make the peace Stan just kept banging on about the bloody pass.

that isn’t the way to get a team pulling in the same direction.

I agree, in the cold light of day, you maybe put an arm around and have a quiet word in the ear. Perhaps the transition of quiet stadiums to fans got the adrenaline flowing and he lost his head. It was completely out of character.

It’s like playing a bad pass, (ironically in context with the Kelly incident), you’ve attempted to do all the right things, it was the right idea, it may even have been something you’ve been encouraged or told to do, even if it’s something not natural to you...but you get the execution wrong.

I’ve seen the two clips I’ve posted about.

I don’t think it needs a forensic analysis to apportion blame solely on one person.

No one learns anything from it that way. Stanislas takes responsibility for his part and Surridge takes responsibility for his part and they move on.

Exactly, usually takes 2 to tango in confrontations, Sam could have diffused it by ignoring him and then taking it up out of the cameras view after the game, if we're atalking about how people should be conducting themselves in a perfect manner..

really isn;t a big deal, amazing people are still analyzing it so much.

Surridge was almost certainly borderline crying after the incident, I watched closely expecting them to kiss and make up after the final whistle but Billing took Stanislas to one side and said something and then went and did the same to Surridge and that was it

;