Stanislas & Surridge

That may be the case, but I don;t think it will effect a pro footballer that much... I'd expect them to be made of sterner stuff mentally, otherwise they're probably not going to amount to much in elite sport anyway.

It's different to Sunday League football (assuming lower levels of that as well), where people turn up hungover, smoking fags on the side line and treat it more as an extension of their social life or a laugh, rather than professionals playing near the peak of the sport.
Disagree completely. This "its a mans game" approach can have serious repercussions for some less robust people.

I've no idea about any of our players and how they deal with things. I hope JT has not had much to do to get everyone back together..

From where I was sat in the South near the East, right near the pair of them, this was also my view of it. Stan's pass was miscued, it was mostly his fault. Kelly made roughly the correct line of his run, wide of the defender, to create more space. Stan just played the ball too near to the defender. It was a simple 10 yard pass and it was frustrating.

With a better understanding perhaps they both would have done that overlap differently, as you say with Daniels/Pugh, we were spoiled.

I just think Stan had a bad night all round, just like he had a bad game on Saturday. Danjuma will be knocking on JT's door for the LW position shortly. Stan probably knows it, and is getting frustrated. Thankfully he can still pull goals out of otherwise bad games! An absolute belter in Saturday's case. He's a good enough player to do that at this level. We're lucky to have these options.

It's going to be a test for JT to manage.
It’s a funny one with Stan, part of me thinks he had an awful game but then very often he got into great positions and was at least trying to make things happen. Can’t argue with the goal though. Lovely one two with Brooks and a clever step over from Dom. Ironically you could argue that Stan was the difference between a win and a demoralising draw. Or maybe I’m pushing that too far!

Bit of a storm in a teacup really. Stanislas has often been excellent this season but last night I spent most of the game just wishing he would pass the f#cking ball. Maybe he felt out of sorts for some reason but his reaction to Kelly was poor and the way he had a go at Surridge was just so hypocritical. Maybe JT or Cook should explain to him that if he expects other players to pass him the ball he should try passing it to them sometimes.

Disagree completely. This "its a mans game" approach can have serious repercussions for some less robust people.

I've no idea about any of our players and how they deal with things. I hope JT has not had much to do to get everyone back together..

Its not so much about being a mans game, its more about having to be robust and resilient enough to cope at the top level of anything. Whether thats a business, elite athlete, whatever etc.

Generally less resilient, 'soft' people don;t make it and survive at the top of anything.It's also something that can be worked on, enhanced through good and bad experiences.

Certain things would test most people, but I don't think the Sam/Stan incident falls into that category... unless you are soft. \if it bothers Sam that much, he needs to look deeper as to why and work on that weakness. If he doesn;t, that's a flaw in his character as there will always be varying degrees of sh1t to deal with throughout life. You can't always change what comes your way,, but you can overtime change how you react/feel/deal with sh1tty situations.

Last edited:

Hopefully, it's all over including the shouting as JT has built up a great spirit in the squad and they have been playing like a team at last . I'm sure he didn't take sides, because he seems wise enough to know that there's nothing more certain to build up lasting and divisive resentment that a feeling that there's one rule for some and another for others.

Hopefully, it's all over including the shouting as JT has built up a great spirit in the squad and they have been playing like a team at last . I'm sure he didn't take sides, because he seems wise enough to know that there's nothing more certain to build up lasting and divisive resentment that a feeling that there's one rule for some and another for others.

glad to hear to hear its resolved. was always going to be sorted as almost a non event blown out of proportion on here.

Stanislas has made some vital impacts over the last few years, e.g. in the 3-0 win at Chelsea. But more consistently, he was immense after lockdown last season. This season he is proving he is Premier League player in the Championship.

Tactically I get the feeling that JT tells players like Brooks, Danjuma and Junior to get the ball and just make something happen. So after a great start to the season, Danjuma started trying to do too much by himself. Eddie used to do it with players like Gradel.

From a personality point of view, the incidents last night seem out of character. He is one of the religious ones in the team isn't he? Franno said on Sky 3 weeks ago that he is stubborn (after the tussle with Dom over a penalty).

You don't want young players being cowed. But it looks like the kind of thing that happens in the heat of the moment in football, and should be cleared up immediately after.

...these 'people' not fans then Stan?...anyway let's move on what 'people' think is up to them...but his respect took a knock last night.

I wasn't okay with the Kelly incident. Stanislas played the ball too close to the Defender. From the moment the ball left Stan's foot, Kelly was second favourite. Stan had acres to play it into. It was a poor ball and I would have left it if I was Kelly.

I don't want to turn this into a 'let's bash Stanislas' session as I love his creativity and skill and value him highly as a player but he needs to drop some of this worrying arrogance and greed that has manifested since he started scoring a few goals, or he'll find himself left out of the squad.
I can't believe anyone would find what Kelly did acceptable tbh.....to not chase that ball down and make their defender work was unforgivable......talent isn't enough we have to match these teams work rate.....do you think a Wycombe player would have given up like that?.....that sort of attitude and laziness seeps into a squad .....it's what got us relegated last season.

I can't believe anyone would find what Kelly did acceptable tbh.....to not chase that ball down and make their defender work was unforgivable......talent isn't enough we have to match these teams work rate.....do you think a Wycombe player would have given up like that?.....that sort of attitude and laziness seeps into a squad .....it's what got us relegated last season.

It was a lost cause though, why would you waste your energy? As someone who plays football I would have left it once I knew the defender would get to it first and shepherd it out of play.

Also have a look at the extended highlights on COWS and some of Stan's 'defending' for the Wycombe chances. For me that is the definition of laziness, not what Kelly did. He has absolutely no right to get on his soap box. None.

I don't think this was out of character for Stanislas tbh, if you see him in any of the behind the scenes clips like when they have FIFA tournaments, or play fun games on pre-season tours or whatever, he's usually one of the loudest, whingiest guys :grinning:- I think he's just a very competitive person.

Seeing the reaction from Surridge in the moment, I doubt we'll see anything like this from him again, and likewise Surridge should probably learn not to get sweary if the annoying kid is having a pop :ROFLMAO:

;