Stephen Purches - Graeme Jones

Inevitable but a little disappointing on the assistant front.

Graeme Jones looks like he could be an interesting addition. At least it's a fresh voice.

Interesting that Jones was considered as a replacement for Eddie by Burnley before they ended up appointing Dyche. Small world !
It will be interesting to see if he brings much to the party. I think it's good that we now have at least one external voice on the coaching staff to bring in different ideas. Interesting appointment. I wonder how we stumbled across him. There must be some connection to somebody here, surely ?

Luton manager before Nathan Jones went back... It is a fresh face which is a positive... and [now I've seen it all] seems to have a wealth of coaching experience...

But we wait and see... Purches was a given so don't understand how anyone would be surprised by that

The Luton manager?

Nathan Jones went back there and saved them. Graeme sacked with them in the relegation zone. Funnily enough I was talking to a Luton fan last night who said Nathan was lucky fans weren't allowed in when he came back as they'd probably have given him grief. Did well though.

Graeme has lots of experience with Roberto Martinez so possible attacking coach?

Luton manager before Nathan Jones went back... It is a fresh face which is a positive... can't say he seems to be loaded with coaching experience though... One season...

But we wait and see... Purches was a given so don't understand how anyone would be surprised by that

Years as Martinez's assistant in the top flight and international football. You'd think it's exactly what Neil Dawson has said we needed. Probably still wrong for some reason though.

Nathan Jones went back there and saved them. Graeme sacked with them in the relegation zone. Funnily enough I was talking to a Luton fan last night who said Nathan was lucky fans weren't allowed in when he came back as they'd probably have given him grief. Did well though.

Graeme has lots of experience with Roberto Martinez so possible attacking coach?

Was always going to be on a hiding to nothing at Luton in the Championship.

But by all accounts he’s been a decent coach with Martinez who is a passing, attack minded coach. So I think that’s a good move. Plus very recent knowledge of the Championship.

A really good appointment on paper, and really helpful that he was managing in the championship last year. Got to be nailed to take over if/when Tindall goes.
Good point. Keeps JT on his toes and nice succession planning by Max. Jones can spend a few months learning what we and the squad are all about and if JT doesn't get the results, Jones could be a ready made replacement.

Are the club developing a ruthless streak ? Seems to be a whole less chummy, more ruthless and efficient vibe about the place all of a sudden. Might not be a bad thing if we are ever to shake off the tinpot.

Still feels like the club is in slight disarray at the moment though. Things like the Surman incident suggest that we are struggling to keep on top of things organisationally. Still, it is a big upheaval and a short preseason, so maybe most clubs would struggle in this situation. I'm feeling generous ;)

People have been asking for an older experienced head outside of AFCB.

Well now we have one.

Old article.

Jones speaks methodically, his voice thick with Gateshead twang. It is easy to see why he has enjoyed so much success as a technical coach, educating players and talking them through the attractive, attacking style that defined his and Martinez’s time together.

With Belgium, where he was joined by Thierry Henry on the coaching staff, Jones had the pleasure of working with a collection of the world’s finest. “You learn from individuals like Kevin De Bruyne, Eden Hazard, Thibaut Courtois and Vincent Kompany, who was just an incredible leader of men,” he says. “It was an incredible experience.”

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/footbal...rd-taking-charge-luton-town-graeme-jones-new/

Definitely an interesting appointment. Knows the division (and worked with some top players for Everton and Belgium) worked with Martinez for years as well, who encouraged a decent style of football.

Not displeased by Purches’ appointment either, as expected as it was. Feeling a bit more positive today.

;