Stephen Purches - Graeme Jones

We've sadly lost the Messiah, but gained Three Kings in his place - one of whom came to us from the Orient!
Looking forward to more exciting times ahead and hoping they will be successful for us.

“ We three Kings of Orient are ,
One in a taxi , one in a car ....”

My cousin is a S/T holder at Swansea and has given me the rundown on Graeme Jones when he was assistant to Martinez at the Swans. He was seen as a rather fiery character but had a very good relationship with the players who all respected him. At that time Swansea produced fast attacking football which was loved by the fans and Jones is a highly experienced coach. It remains to be seen if he will accept having two bosses in JT and SP as he will be third in the pecking order, whereas he was assistant to Martinez !

Appointing an assistant from within, after an internal appointment to manager is not taking the club in a new direction. Which, we won't know if good or bad until a third through the season

Appointing an assistant from within, after an internal appointment to manager is not taking the club in a new direction. Which, we won't know if good or bad until a third through the season
So how do you know it isn't different? Internal restructuring suggests a different approach, if thats what they're doing.

Personally think that an internal restructure is a positive thing, club needs to be able to survive on its own and not be totally reliant on one person. The appointment of Jones looks positive on paper, we can’t really grumble, he has been assistant at Belgium and Everton and was managing in the championship as recently as last season. Imo this is the first sign that backs up the words in Max’s statement. Let’s not get ahead of ourselves but it is at least finally a small positive when all we’ve had since Everton is negative after negative.

But it's over a decade since they became the Championship, League 1 and league 2, yet people refer to Divisions 1,2 and 3. : )
It's been decades since A.F.C.Bournemouth became the official club name, yet people still go to Dean Court to watch Boscombe. : )
It's a couple of years since they became Wimby and Charmy but people still refer to Wimborne and Charminster. : )
We only need to get the gist of a post, we're not getting graded by an algorithm ( I hope ) : )

My cousin is a S/T holder at Swansea and has given me the rundown on Graeme Jones when he was assistant to Martinez at the Swans. He was seen as a rather fiery character but had a very good relationship with the players who all respected him. At that time Swansea produced fast attacking football which was loved by the fans and Jones is a highly experienced coach. It remains to be seen if he will accept having two bosses in JT and SP as he will be third in the pecking order, whereas he was assistant to Martinez !
Hmmmm...but imagine the scenario if JT turns out to be out of his depth. Purchess then gets to be the next manager and Jones is back to his preferred position as assistant manager :unsure:
Max is a clever boy ! Even if the JT appointment turns out to be a total fustercluck, we already have everything we need to go again.

So how do you know it isn't different? Internal restructuring suggests a different approach, if thats what they're doing.
True, we won't know until we see the output on the pitch. but promoting people within the company is not pointing towards too much of a change in culture. Which may be good, bad or neutral. Perhaps more evolving rather than revolving #AlanPartridge

But it's over a decade since they became the Championship, League 1 and league 2, yet people refer to Divisions 1,2 and 3. : )
It's been decades since A.F.C.Bournemouth became the official club name, yet people still go to Dean Court to watch Boscombe. : )
It's a couple of years since they became Wimby and Charmy but people still refer to Wimborne and Charminster. : )
We only need to get the gist of a post, we're not getting graded by an algorithm ( I hope ) : )

They'll be telling me I've got to stop calling it the Cage nightclub next.

;