Steve Cook

Huddersfield start to turn the tide first half at 2-0 and the NS scream at our side to wake up and get in the fight after suffering a string of attacks.

Steve Cook turns around to the NS and gives it a 'calm down calm down' gesture with his arms.

Moments later its 2-1 and Huddersfield dominate the entire rest of the game. With Cook frankly not at the races.

Getting too big for our boots too early on. Not up for the fight. Disappointing from such an experienced stalwart.

I think that gesture was in response to the NS groan when Cookie put a pass straight out of play down the right side. Saw similar from Boruc when he booted it out in a cup game.

To me....its sensible when under pressure to take a step back and calm down....rather than get all flappy and lose control of the situation. Imagine that is what he was thinking at that moment.

Cook was superb last night. A real leader.
...not sure why Cook was on Bego's right at goal kicks, when his right foot is his weakest...he booted three straight out of touch?...it was a tad frustrating in a game where we just couldn't keep the ball...

Cook was superb last night. A real leader.
As ever, captain in all but armband. The only time I see Francis get worked up is when he's having a go at somebody else for a mistake he just made ( or IHO was forced to make ). Cookie should be captain on the pitch, no doubt for me. Francis is more eloquent, more media friendly but Cookie gets the job done where it matters and always gives 100% to the cause.

...not sure why Cook was on Bego's right at goal kicks, when his right foot is his weakest...he booted three straight out of touch?...it was a tad frustrating in a game where we just couldn't keep the ball...

To be pedantic, Cook is right footed. Unless you mean he's more comfortable playing the ball out from the left, which is definitely true.

I think overall he's adapted to being a right side CB very well this season, and his positioning is so much better than it was. Helpful when all our CBs seem to be left footed!

And can we get the man a god damn chant already?! I know "3 is for Cookie" is too complicated for the commoners, but really. He seems to be one of the most popular players with the crowd, and yet he...isn't.

Poor Steve, caught him sh@tting himself with laughter. Steve, get well soon

;