Steve Cook

Opta stats showed how good he was last season after an understandable shaky start to premier life. The growing momentum criticising Eddie Howe at the start of the season shows how brain dead some of our fans are, sadly social media encourages such negativity.

For some time I have been singing this to the tune of Match Of The Day

'We've got a titanic defender
Defender named Steve Cook
And if you want to learn to tackle
Then come and take a look
We've got a titanic defender
Defender named Steve Cook
And if you want to learn to head the ball
Then come and take a look
And he scores fantastic goals as well'

Plenty more where that came from...

Cook is one of our most valuable players. I can't think of anyone barring Wilson, A. Smith and maybe Francis who we'd suffer more from losing to injury this season. Partly because we have much better depth elsewhere than CB but also because he is a good ball moving defender who is also good at defending. (his couple bad errors a season are offset by the couple goals he scores.) It's not easy to find those 2 attributes together for a club of this size.

Hope he gets some extra love from the fans Saturday.

Was amused by this posted on facebook

Stevie cook is magic
he wears a magic hat
If you throw a brick at him
he'll head the fcuker back!

red_house - 20/10/2016 00:11

AFCB+TFC - 19/10/2016 22:42

Hope he gets some extra love from the fans Saturday.

Charlie Daniels got plenty mate.

Hilarious how I'm getting hate for making that thread, someone even went as far as to compare it to the infamous 'not fit to wear the shirt" thread and someone who said Stanislas only got his contract extension because he's probably mates with Eddie.

I never even said he should be dropped, and given his performances the previous 12-15 games or so coupled with the fact he's getting up there in age, it was a fair question to raise. Now he has one awesome game and people give me crap.

I hope he keeps showing the form of last year because when he does he's one of our best players but if we see the Charlie of the 12-15 games prior to Hull for an extended period of time, then why wouldn't we consider playing Ake? Who by all Watford fans accounts I've seen is a great LB for a team of our size.

Assume he got sponsors MOM to cheer him up a bit.
Bit disappointed we never had a chant to make him feel loved. great game today.

Despite Neil's very good report again on another thread I felt today Cookie deserved his MOM award.

Is it a drop in concentration or just too casual? For a PL defender, with aspirations of an England call, he does make too many un-forced errors over a season. Annoyingly they usually lead to a goal.

Once he cuts out those 'schoolboy' mistakes I'm sure he can be a serious contender for an international call-up.

On watching the replays it looked like he scuffed his foot .
Unlucky , maybe , but so unnessesary .

To be contentious I thought the first goal was 60% Federici's fault and 40% Cook's.

The throw out by the keeper was unwarranted and the return by Cook was poor but Federici's reaction was very poor. He should have come for it but didn't and then stood in no mans land to make it easy for Sanchez.

Very poor keeping in my opinion.

Audenshaw Cherry - 27/11/2016 17:31

To be contentious I thought the first goal was 60% Federici's fault and 40% Cook's.

The throw out by the keeper was unwarranted and the return by Cook was poor but Federici's reaction was very poor. He should have come for it but didn't and then stood in no mans land to make it easy for Sanchez.

Seriously?

Audenshaw Cherry - 27/11/2016 17:31

Ok Steve :hihi:

For me it was clearly Cook's fault - a bizarre short back pass!

Probably got caught up in the occasion!

Arsenal away? Cue crap pants!!!!

Cook out! Mings in! Job done!

;