Steve Cook

And on his only appearance this season he passed the ball straight to an attacker for them to run through and score….

I think Cook could do a job in the Prem, but I think for him would be the choice of a squad prem player, turning out in the cups and the odd league appearance, to being a first on the team sheet championship player.

As I say I completely disagree and if nothing else he is a fantastic leader on and off the pitch and if he goes will be sorely missed.

Well there is that yes. His loyalty to the club can't be questioned... We do need characters like his.

And on his only appearance this season he passed the ball straight to an attacker for them to run through and score….

Saw this as a game to get more fit rather showing us what Cook can do when fully fit. On the basis of your point, then never play Ibsen Rossi and Nyland again too.

I reckon if Steve cook had played at Brentford we wouldn’t have lost that play off match. Would have calmed things down when we lost the plot

Last season, and this is just immediately off the top of my head:
-vs Reading at home: let their midfielder breeze past him into the penalty area with a very weak effort to win the ball, lead to a penalty and a goal.
-vs Reading away- got completely fooled and put on his backside from a dummy from Joao who then scores, very naive defending results in a goal.
-vs Brentford at home- completely misjudged a routine ball over the top which let Toney in on goal, fortunately Toney fluffed his lines. It was a floated ball which should have been routine.
-vs Millwall away-completely shanks a routine clearance to create an easy opportunity for the Millwall forward, results in a goal.
-vs Sheffield Wednesday away- again misjudged a fairly routine ball over the top, striker through on goal and he resorts to pulling him down resulting in a penalty and a red card. Penalty scored.
-vs Barnsley at home- completely loses his man at a corner, not even close to him. Results in an easy header and a goal.
-vs Preston away- we are one nil up and cruising, all we have to do is be sensible and we will take the points. Cook gifts the ball straight to a midfielder who scored.

I have just given you seven examples from last season off of the top of my head, I didn’t even have to think very hard, there will undoubtedly be more. Yes, I am aware that I am a sad individual that I analyse what I’m watching to such a degree that I can recall events like this, but there you go. I’m sure posters will say, ‘well, all centre backs make errors like this.’ The reality is that they don’t. I genuinely can’t remember off the top of my head a single glaring error that CCV made that led directly to a goal/direct goal scoring opportunity last season, as an example. Watch the likes of Mee, Tarkowski, Dunk, Duffy, Cathcart et al playing for other Prem clubs. They simply don’t make such glaring errors, of course they’re not perfect but they are at a level where by they do not gift goals like this. Why do you all think Cook never got an England call up during a time where players like Lewis Dunk and Tyrone Mings were? I’m aware it’s an unpopular opinion but watch back the highlights if you don’t believe me.
Wow…..how the hell do you remember all that stuff??

-vs Reading at home: let their midfielder breeze past him into the penalty area with a very weak effort to win the ball, lead to a penalty and a goal.
-vs Reading away- got completely fooled and put on his backside from a dummy from Joao who then scores, very naive defending results in a goal.
-vs Brentford at home- completely misjudged a routine ball over the top which let Toney in on goal, fortunately Toney fluffed his lines. It was a floated ball which should have been routine.
-vs Millwall away-completely shanks a routine clearance to create an easy opportunity for the Millwall forward, results in a goal.
-vs Sheffield Wednesday away- again misjudged a fairly routine ball over the top, striker through on goal and he resorts to pulling him down resulting in a penalty and a red card. Penalty scored.
-vs Barnsley at home- completely loses his man at a corner, not even close to him. Results in an easy header and a goal.
-vs Preston away- we are one nil up and cruising, all we have to do is be sensible and we will take the points. Cook gifts the ball straight to a midfielder who scored.

I have just given you seven examples from last season off of the top of my head, I didn’t even have to think very hard, there will undoubtedly be more. Yes, I am aware that I am a sad individual that I analyse what I’m watching to such a degree that I can recall events like this, but there you go. I’m sure posters will say, ‘well, all centre backs make errors like this.’ The reality is that they don’t. I genuinely can’t remember off the top of my head a single glaring error that CCV made that led directly to a goal/direct goal scoring opportunity last season, as an example. Watch the likes of Mee, Tarkowski, Dunk, Duffy, Cathcart et al playing for other Prem clubs. They simply don’t make such glaring errors, of course they’re not perfect but they are at a level where by they do not gift goals like this. Why do you all think Cook never got an England call up during a time where players like Lewis Dunk and Tyrone Mings were? I’m aware it’s an unpopular opinion but watch back the highlights if you don’t believe me.

I can’t remember what I had for breakfast yesterday let alone which player made a mistake and against who, did you go back and watch all the highlights?

Despite your facts you’re still in the minority, you’ve also stated he’s better than Mepham and Kelly so let’s hope he stays.

I can’t remember what I had for breakfast yesterday let alone which player made a mistake and against who, did you go back and watch all the highlights?

Despite your facts you’re still in the minority, you’ve also stated he’s better than Mepham and Kelly so let’s hope he stays.
No I don’t need to watch the highlights, I can just remember it, have always had a very keen interest in analysing the game so these things seem to stick in my mind. Yes, I do believe he’s better than Kelly and Mepham, and I do believe he would still be an asset at this level, although Cahill is clearly an upgrade. Was just pointing out why he wouldn’t be attractive to Prem sides.

Saw this as a game to get more fit rather showing us what Cook can do when fully fit. On the basis of your point, then never play Ibsen Rossi and Nyland again too.

I reckon if Steve cook had played at Brentford we wouldn’t have lost that play off match. Would have calmed things down when we lost the plot
Agree this example is less relevant than the others due to it being his first game back from fitness.

yes, you are a sad individual

So after all the speculation he was not wanted by Parker or Steve Cook wanted to move on, we are back to square one where he is still a member of our squad and a good one.

So after all the speculation he was not wanted by Parker or Steve Cook wanted to move on, we are back to square one where he is still a member of our squad and a good one.
Very true, although part of the conversation wasn't a slur on him but also whether or not we needed him or as many CBs.

Maybe only Arnold "Ace" Judas Rimmer will know what happens in that alternate parallel universe where he left.

I'd love to comment on the Steve Cook situation but I'm too engrossed in trying to solve the riddle Parker has set us........."It was a decision I made today which I travelled with the squad of players I felt best to try and get us a result today."

It seems to be one of those 'make a sentence from the following words' games......I might have to ask our resident English teacher Gloria to give me a hand.

I'd love to comment on the Steve Cook situation but I'm too engrossed in trying to solve the riddle Parker has set us........."It was a decision I made today which I travelled with the squad of players I felt best to try and get us a result today."

It seems to be one of those 'make a sentence from the following words' games......I might have to ask our resident English teacher Gloria to give me a hand.
Theres a double meaning there ....but on second thoughts I'll leave it ..:ROFLMAO:

;