Steve Cook

Probably what we all expected to be the case but according to Kris Temple, Steve Cook has been told he can leave the club.

I understand the fresh broom approach but I'm a little uncomfortable about how some of the departures of players who will be AFCB legends has been handled. And that goes back to the start of last season, I'm not referring only to this.

Meanwhile, I'll be sad to see SC go. He's helped create AFCB memories I never thought I would get. I hope he finds a good new home.

Thread merge coming in 3.... 2.... 1....

Not too surprising given Cahill's performances since he came in. Gutted for Cookie that'll end like this though, especially as his sending off was the catalyst for ending our promotion hopes last season.

That said we must look forward and not be too sentimental at times with decision making if its felt him going helps the club progress

I think you’ve missed that Steve Cook was told he could leave the day Parker arrived!
Thought that was common knowledge

I did. I only caught the last sentence when I turned on the game where Kris said 'Steve Cook has been told he can find a new club', or words to that effect. Not sure it was common knowledge. Or maybe it was and I'm not common enough.

Being told he could leave the day SP arrived sounds a bit like he wasn't given a chance to show what he could do on the training ground. Hmm.

Would still love him to be part of the club. It isn't like there are many left in the playing squad that were part of the rise.

Last edited:
Not too surprising given Cahill's performances since he came in. Gutted for Cookie that'll end like this though, especially as his sending off was the catalyst for ending our promotion hopes last season.

That said we must look forward and not be too sentimental at times with decision making if its felt him going helps the club progress

on the sending off, I think you are mixing up Steve Cook with Chris Mepham.

would u want him in the team now?
At the moment probably not as Cahill is outstanding and Kelly is building up a good understanding with him, but I am sure he could still do an excellent job if needed.
As usual there is no room for much sentiment in the game but it would be great if the fans were able to give him a good send off, even if it were a cup game.

;