Steve Cook

I guess a contract is an obligation. As long as both sides are willing to fulfil that time span with integrity, that's the main thing. Then if both sides are willing to allow a transfer early, all is good. As to whether the club has done anything wrong, it all depends on how things have been handled behind the scenes. Has Cookie been working hard and keen to play? Absolutely. His integrity box is ticked. Have the club treated Cookie right in the process and not tried to freeze him out to force a move so they can cash in before his contract ends? From what I've read, the jury is out on that one. I guess only Cookie can answer that and it's something he might never comment on. Point is.. Have the club done anything wrong? Well, it all depends on the context.
the club would of told him he doesn't have a future here ( or maybe he wants a fresh challenge whi knows?) the club/manager would of given him plenty of notice on this with time to find a club (supposedly a deal fell through) so from that the team had to move on with the players the manager felt will end the season here, that is not freezing him out. I'm not sure the fee involved for the move that fell through but I would of been surprised if it hit 7 figures. Cook will always be a legend here and will live in our clubs history for ever but I can't see how the club have acted badly here they have kept him informed all the way as far as I can see

I'd be surprised if Cahill was on any less.....if we were only supposed to keep one why did we sign another one?

Firstly Cahills reported deal with us was 20k a week.

Even if that’s not true theres a really clear difference in that Cahill signed a one year deal and Steve Cook at his age will be looking for a 3 year deal which takes us beyond parachute payments.

Firstly Cahills reported deal with us was 20k a week.

Even if that’s not true theres a really clear difference in that Cahill signed a one year deal and Steve Cook at his age will be looking for a 3 year deal which takes us beyond parachute payments.
Think the point he was making was why not keep Cook for the season instead of signing Cahill. If so it’s a fair point, pretty similar level the two of them.

Think the point he was making was why not keep Cook for the season instead of signing Cahill. If so it’s a fair point, pretty similar level the two of them.

In theory, but different attributes, even if slight, different personas etc. I assume Parker knows cahill well from his Chelsea days?

Sorry… because Cook wants to secure a deal for his family and future rather than risk a knee ligament injury in April and no contract to receive income and no professional medical support.

Same logic as Fraser but just done with a lot more integrity and class.

Sorry… because Cook wants to secure a deal for his family and future rather than risk a knee ligament injury in April and no contract to receive income and no professional medical support.

Same logic as Fraser but just done with a lot more integrity and class.

Not really in simple terms; same motive and outcome that he isn’t in the matchday squad albeit the club’s need is very different vs fraser’s time. If we still had many defensive players out, its hard to believe cookie wouldn’t help the team

Said it earlier in a thread. Deserves a testimonial. Not sure if you automatically get one anymore for 10 years service.
I'm assuming that the fee will be nominal as a way of easing a move that he clearly wants and needs at this stage of his career.

Who knows, maybe one day in the not too distant future we'll see him back at DC in a cherries shirt featuring in a charity or testimonial game.

I'm assuming that the fee will be nominal as a way of easing a move that he clearly wants and needs at this stage of his career.

Who knows, maybe one day in the not too distant future we'll see him back at DC in a cherries shirt featuring in a charity or testimonial game.

QPR is a decent move for him. Sad that he's leaving and am sure he's saddest of all but it's a good location and nice club:)

;