Steve Cook

It’s been documented he stayed at home as he was working with a specific physio. Obviously still part of his plans, in the short term if nothing else
According to the athletic a deal had been agreed with another club but fell through at the last minute on deadline day. So yeh, I’d say he isn’t part of our plans.

According to the athletic a deal had been agreed with another club but fell through at the last minute on deadline day. So yeh, I’d say he isn’t part of our plans.

Yes I saw that. But at the point of the training camp he was specifically staying back to work with a certain physio that was the reasoning behind that.

If we were to believe the rumours linked with Steve Cook he would have been playing in Scotland now at Eddie Howe’s new club as manager.

Problem with rumours, sometimes it’s best to let those involved know about them. ;)
The athletic are the most reliable source out there. So far everything has pointed at Steve Cook not being in the plans but a lot seem to be in denial. What will the justification be for him not being in the squad on Saturday?

The athletic are the most reliable source out there. So far everything has pointed at Steve Cook not being in the plans but a lot seem to be in denial. What will the justification be for him not being in the squad on Saturday?

Who’s in denial? You just go for anyone that doesn’t share your opinion as per usual. He was injured, played and captained in the cup, didn’t play 2 weeks ago, tactical or not and then a rumoured move broke down. Let’s see how much he features in the next couple of months before we can judge the long term picture. Cahill is only a 1 season solution.

If we were to believe the rumours linked with Steve Cook he would have been playing in Scotland now at Eddie Howe’s new club as manager.

Problem with rumours, sometimes it’s best to let those involved know about them. ;)

Too many on here claim they are in the know Billy; they know no more than me or you.

Who knows if Cookie will force his way into the starting 11? Sounds like he was destined to leave during the last window, but it fell through. If that's likely to resume again in January, it seems unlikely he will start ahead of the others unless they're unavailable. Or maybe it will be a clean slate, and if he proves himself in training, we'll see more of him.

I'm not sure this will be a reoccurring thing... parker has being pretty clear that he only wants players in and around his squad that he wants and they want to be here... I don't think Steve Cook wanted away, but there has clearly been some uncertainty over Parker's thoughts...

I don't think Parker would have kept with Cook as Capt if he didn't feel he could do the job and do the job here... It's almost a case of 'as you were', but 'don't make me regret my decision...'

Like I said a while ago... 2pm's team sheet tomorrow will be quite telling.

I'm not sure this will be a reoccurring thing... parker has being pretty clear that he only wants players in and around his squad that he wants and they want to be here... I don't think Steve Cook wanted away, but there has clearly been some uncertainty over Parker's thoughts...

I don't think Parker would have kept with Cook as Capt if he didn't feel he could do the job and do the job here... It's almost a case of 'as you were', but 'don't make me regret my decision...'

Like I said a while ago... 2pm's team sheet tomorrow will be quite telling.
Feels like an unholy compromise to make him 'club' captain and go to lengths to almost go as far to say Lloyd is pretty much team captain unless Steve can get a game.

2pm tomorrow will be telling, because I wonder what Zeno must be thinking. He's now behind an arguably in form full Welsh international, the former England CB specifically brought in by SP and the Club captain, all to play alongside the team captain who looks nailed on to play every game. There's only so long SP will be able to keep everyone happy.

Feels like an unholy compromise to make him 'club' captain and go to lengths to almost go as far to say Lloyd is pretty much team captain unless Steve can get a game.

2pm tomorrow will be telling, because I wonder what Zeno must be thinking. He's now behind an arguably in form full Welsh international, the former England CB specifically brought in by SP and the Club captain, all to play alongside the team captain who looks nailed on to play every game. There's only so long SP will be able to keep everyone happy.

I don't think we'll see much of Cookie unless others are injured or suspended, but who knows.

I imagine we'll try to offload cookie again in january, particularly if he's one of the highest earners and as he almost left in the summer, I imagine Parkers plans don;t immediately involve Cook. Also, how has Cook handled it, will he be 100% interested if the writing is on the wall? He does strike me as professional/committed sort, so may be BAU now the window is closed. Parker sees him train every day so we have to trust his judgement

Whats the deal with older players going out on loan after the window closes? Can it still happen prior to January?

I'd love to comment on the Steve Cook situation but I'm too engrossed in trying to solve the riddle Parker has set us........."It was a decision I made today which I travelled with the squad of players I felt best to try and get us a result today."

It seems to be one of those 'make a sentence from the following words' games......I might have to ask our resident English teacher Gloria to give me a hand.

Parker and the players (but only those Parker thought would win the match) travelled on a decision.. ?? Maybe he built a boat called "Decision" and they travelled on that... Estoy en Espane. No puedo entender Scott Parker este semane.

There's only so long SP will be able to keep everyone happy.

... and so we go full circle, back to the arguments for having a better academy status to keep players like Zeno playing against better opposition...

I guess everyone needs to buy into the squad thing though, as tough is it is for players not involved to be 'pumped' when we win still.

Having tasted first team football for several weeks, Ibsen-Rossi, Kilkenny, Anthony and Zemura will all need to be kept happy or we'll lose them... Which some would argue, well, if they're not good enough then they're not good enough... But these are home grown players... players that cost us next to nothing, if not nothing and our current time, when we are seemingly not spending money, we can't afford for these players to walk away for next to nothing...

... and so we go full circle, back to the arguments for having a better academy status to keep players like Zeno playing against better opposition...

I guess everyone needs to buy into the squad thing though, as tough is it is for players not involved to be 'pumped' when we win still.

Having tasted first team football for several weeks, Ibsen-Rossi, Kilkenny, Anthony and Zemura will all need to be kept happy or we'll lose them... Which some would argue, well, if they're not good enough then they're not good enough... But these are home grown players... players that cost us next to nothing, if not nothing and our current time, when we are seemingly not spending money, we can't afford for these players to walk away for next to nothing...
Could be a taste of first team football will make the youngsters keen for more. Good healthy competition for places is what every successful squad needs.

Could be a taste of first team football will make the youngsters keen for more. Good healthy competition for places is what every successful squad needs.

Teams like Man C, Man U are in a similar position to us, albeit at a higher level, in having two good players for every position. We don’t hear them complaining much as they have a good chance of winning things. Much like us with the Championship title this year hopefully. With this squad it is unlikely that we will have many plausible excuses if we don’t go up. (Of finish top 3)

;