Steve Cook

Club legend, and does what he does well.

Gets a block in, gives a foul away when needed.

Good defender.

Lucky for us though, Nat clattered him and probably made him think about more than just the game.

Wouldn't be easy to play your best game with blood pissing out your head and Vaseline on your 20,000 pound hair piece.

:D

Needs to get a refund I think.

I still think that.....SP will need help with stuff!
We hadn't been relegated at the point where he was ejected ! :loser: Eddie was using him for something from 2012 until 2018 ...I think a relatively' successful period in our History iirc ! :hmmm:
Strictly speaking, not ejected. He had a fixed term contract which ended. If he'd been doing wonders we'd have renewed the contract.

Eddie was always one for giving credit where due, and I don't remember him being effusive about anything that Yems had done....I'm not really sure there is any link between him going and us being relegated

I still think that.....SP will need help with stuff!
We hadn't been relegated at the point where he was ejected ! :loser: Eddie was using him for something from 2012 until 2018 ...I think a relatively' successful period in our History iirc ! :hmmm:
Yems had little to do with the club operations per se, as I understand it was more about supporting Eddie and Jason on matchdays.

After the negatives re the Forest game (another thread), here is a more positive comment from their manager re football and referring to Steve Cook’s situation.

Asked if Cook had known about his dad prior to kick-off, Cooper said: “He made it public through his social media platform what happened. I don’t think it’s my story to tell. Because it’s such a personal thing, I think he should be the one who gives you the details.

“The only thing I want to say is we are in good, close contact with him and his family. They have got our full support. Family and health will always come first before football.

“They are managing the situation at the moment, which is private and has to come from him, really. But we’re in close contact. We’re very together with him.

“He suffered a really bad gash to the head on Tuesday. He probably won’t feature at the weekend, but I don’t think he would have anyway, because of his head.

“The most important thing for him is being around his family, and particularly his dad, making sure he does what he needs to do there. He has our support.”

https://www.nottinghampost.com/sport/football/football-news/nottingham-forest-steve-cook-dad-7040501

Steve Cook is an absolute bloody legend. A true fighter who threw himself in front of everything and ran through brick walls for us.

Truly hope he is in a good place and his father makes a full recovery. Can’t wait for his testimonial so he can get the hero’s send off that he deserves!

If he hasn't already had his Championship promotion medal it would be nice for Steve to be presented with it on the pitch before his testimonial.

I believe you have to have been included in 12 match day squads to win a medal and having just flicked through soccerbase I think he was in the squad 6 times.

Last edited:
I believe you have to have been included in 12 match day squads to win a medal and having just flicked through soccerbase I think he was in the squad 6 times.

Derby away on bench
Millwall away on bench
Coventry C home started
Fulham away started
Blackburn Rovers home started
Middlesbrough away bench

I cant help thinking what a disappointing post from someone who we know is usually an honest and decent person. Sounds like he knows his new team got lucky with some justified penalty shouts for Huddersfield and he is fully bought in to the urban myth that Notts Forest were robbed of automatic promotion when they lost at DC. Oh well, another 6 points from Florist will be quite useful next season.

I cant help thinking what a disappointing post from someone who we know is usually an honest and decent person. Sounds like he knows his new team got lucky with some justified penalty shouts for Huddersfield and he is fully bought in to the urban myth that Notts Forest were robbed of automatic promotion when they lost at DC. Oh well, another 6 points from Florist will be quite useful next season.

Definitely not the classy and honest guy I had him pegged as.

I can't think of any prior examples where players have come out and basically said the referee won the game for them.

It may not have been classy but Steve Cook was honest. Jon Moss was a fat disgrace. TBF even if Moss had given a penalty Samba might well have saved it given his excellent sh!thousery at penalties, but the essential point is that Forest benefited from a desparately poor referee.

Last edited:

;