Steve Cook

I am getting fed up with them all constantly insisting they should have won automatic promotion.
I keep reminding them on newspaper forums they finished 8 points behind us.
Also seeing annoying posts that all 5 European Cup winners are back in the Premier League.
I do think the media adolation was way over the top. They were fourth in the end and never in the top 2 all season. They were outplayed and well beaten twice by us.

on what basis exactly are they insisting they should've been in the top two?
we knobbed them in both games, as you correctly point out

Last edited:
I remember Wilson laughing about his handball goal against West Ham, saying it was a little bit of magic, or words to that effect. Don't recall many people complaining about that. I'd rather something like what Cookie's put out than if he came out in support of the decision, saying they got it right.

Hard to dig out a thread from 2016 but I think there were a few saying it was a daft comment because it painted a target on our back and there wasn't another one after that.

Steve Cook out fitness training this morning, with Sam Surridge. Have they been released by Florist?

Surely just keeping up with their summer fitness programme. Presume they will not be reporting back for another week or so given the late season finish due to the play off final.

Typical Cook, relatively solid game with odd moment of madness thrown in. I’m still convinced that his best levels were better than Ake’s, just Ake was far more consistent and didn’t have this tendency to completely lose his head at certain moments.

Thought he was fouled tbh by lane. At a forest corner Kane 2 handed pushed a forest player out the way and not even reviewed and the commentators lips are sealed

Think he was very lucky not to get red.

As soon as the ball came in the air up went his hand before anything else that followed.

;