Steve Cook

I would imagine if we went to a Leicester forum they would say that was Mcgiures worse performance of the season . We all saw him for England this season ,he was awsome...having said that Cookie isn’t that far off .

Must have been his worst two performances last season when we played them as well then. We know exactly how to play him, draw him out then spin him. I remember King tearing him apart in the first ten minutes at home last season, in much the same way.

I was saying after the game that Maguire looks much better in a 3 at the back due to cover when he goes in his runs. Clearly a good player but was poor yesterday. Being unashamedly biased, I wouldn’t swap Cookie for anyone. Well, anyone who’s in our price range!

Very good point.
I like him, I would have him in the squad, bet he wouldn't want to play for us though...would mean playing against Wilson and King every day in training...

Sadly Steve cook suffers for playing in a team as open as Afcb and the need for possession retention in all areas of the pitch. If he was at burnley he would already be in the England squad.

R
Must have been his worst two performances last season when we played them as well then. We know exactly how to play him, draw him out then spin him. I remember King tearing him apart in the first ten minutes at home last season, in much the same way.

Read the foxes board .Apparently brilliant in a back 3( England) back four not so much .
As for Cookie for England I’m convinced he could do a job ,but unfortunately it would probably mean we would have to lose him to a bigger club first .. but who knows if we stay up this end of the table .

Maguire looked like he had concrete boots on yesterday.

Our frontline game were a handful for him and Morgan.

Ake and Cook just look fitter and more agile.

Absolutely top professional and lovely man Cookie is. Sad to read this but it shows the calibre and bravery of the man that he still went out and played. As he says Eddie would have understood.

See my local was chosen as the interview location

i don't read the sun so was happy to click the link and then have to decide between Managing Cookie and Accepting Cookie. He's already got a manager so I accepted him. that felt nice.

Is that the same cousin that gave him the 17 quid he needed to put enough fuel in his Punto to get him to and from a game when he was 19 and thinking about jacking it all in?

Anyway, let's all address him properly, please: CAPTAIN Cook. Overdue, IMO.

If you haven’t seen it here is a nice story about Steve and his family.

PROUD dad Steve Cook admitted fatherhood had altered his mindset on football and vowed to “give everything” for his family and team.

The 27-year-old, a dad to Frey, 3, and Eden, 1, is yet to miss a minute of Premier League action this season and has been instrumental in guiding Cherries to sixth in the table.

He got the chance to walk out with his kids at Vitality Stadium having skippered Eddie Howe’s men against Leicester earlier this campaign.

And Cherries’ record Premier League appearance-maker admitted he had been inspired by those closest to him to perform at the highest level.

https://www.bournemouthecho.co.uk/s...-family-and-my-team-mates-are-what-drives-me/

Steve is a bit of an unsung hero at the club.He has adapted fantastically well to the Premiership and always gives 100%.A great asset to the club.

Based on a previous interview, i don’t think he realises how popular he is with fans. When we score I always watch his reaction - he gets so pumped up! Rather have him than dunk.

I hope he stays with us for the rest of his career.

Firstly because he's brilliant and I think he's great for the club. Secondly because Brighton sold him to us relatively cheaply but included a hefty sell-on clause obviously in the belief that if he developed well he'd quickly move on and they'd cash in then. Gives NSC one more thing to bemoan about us!

Love him to bits, top top top bloke. Confidence isn't his thing, he's often looking at the bad things, but that's also why he's managed to improve himself and keep stepping up no matter the opposition. Add to that the fact every goal he does is a screamer, and he's just a lovely man. I was and am amazed that Dunk made England squad ahead of him, but also certain that Cook was amongst the first to message Dunk congrats. Want him here for life, proper part of the club, like Pugh

agree with all of the above, except the "ship" bit. no ships.

Huddersfield start to turn the tide first half at 2-0 and the NS scream at our side to wake up and get in the fight after suffering a string of attacks.

Steve Cook turns around to the NS and gives it a 'calm down calm down' gesture with his arms.

Moments later its 2-1 and Huddersfield dominate the entire rest of the game. With Cook frankly not at the races.

Getting too big for our boots too early on. Not up for the fight. Disappointing from such an experienced stalwart.

;