Stoke - The Verdict

Hopefully Woodgate knows exactly what he’s doing and was treating this game as nothing but a warmup game and that was exactly the instructions the players had . Didn’t watch the game but according to BBC 75% possession ?

Hopefully Woodgate knows exactly what he’s doing and was treating this game as nothing but a warmup game and that was exactly the instructions the players had . Didn’t watch the game but according to BBC 75% possession ?
Majority possession doesn't win football matches. ....also you were one of the lucky ones not seeing it

I sense that first game at Dean Court is key.
Come out in the form we can show and get a couple of early goals and we could get through.
A draw or loss at home in the first leg and we stand no chance.
I do have this crazy idea though that we could run amok against Brentford at home.
There again my middle name is ‘Optimism.’

Exactly. We have the best striker in Holland, if not world football. Of course he is going to single handedly lead us to promotion from the lowly second tier when it really matters. Don’t fret people.
Some may argue he's not a striker but a winger who is still better than our actual striker. Goals win games and when you have someone like Ivan Toney in your team you're gonna score goals. Unfortunately we have a trier and a battler but not a goal scorer so if the wingers aren't scoring then we ain't winning

I would imagine everyone is in agreement that this team can lack focus and can just look like they are going through the motions at times, we’ve seen it in the last 18 months.
I fully expect that the majority of our team couldn’t give 2 hoots about today’s result or even the performance. There aren’t too many ‘born winners’ in the 11.
Woodgate proved last week that he isn’t too fussed about the games before the play offs so I’m not sure we can expect the players to be.

I always thought (hoped) that if the carrot (premier league football) was dangled close enough to the noses of this team then you could get them to play to their potential which I think stands us in a reasonable chance of being successful. If you can’t get a performance out of them in the play offs then god help their future successes in their chosen profession.

All about getting the team up for hopefully 3 big games.rest get ready and give everything.
If Brentford mark Danjuma out of the game we’ve got nothing. If they double up on him again we are done for. Do you seriously believe JW has the tactical nouse to get us through? They better us in every department; organisation, team balance, work rate, mentality... I could go on. We just have a couple of star players who we rely on to produce magic. Let’s be totally honest, Brentford deserve it over us. A well run club with a very smart recruitment strategy and most importantly, people at the very top of the club who know what they’re doing.

Could be tactical genius?

If Brentford mark Danjuma out of the game we’ve got nothing. If they double up on him again we are done for. Do you seriously believe JW has the tactical nouse to get us through? They better us in every department; organisation, team balance, work rate, mentality... I could go on. We just have a couple of star players who we rely on to produce magic. Let’s be totally honest, Brentford deserve it over us. A well run club with a very smart recruitment strategy and most importantly, people at the very top of the club who know what they’re doing.

but they have to deserve it over 180 minutes of football ...the fairytale script does almost feel written for them though .

They are that good that they are only in the play offs like us . They bottled it when they were in the top two.
Danjuma and Kelly are key I admit .
Our right hand side is a worry . I think Stanislas will start.
If we start well and play how we can they won’t live with us . Can we get to that level who knows.

They are that good that they are only in the play offs like us . They bottled it when they were in the top two.
Danjuma and Kelly are key I admit .
Our right hand side is a worry . I think Stanislas will start.
If we start well and play how we can they won’t live with us . Can we get to that level who knows.
Come on now. They are a better side than us, let’s not kid ourselves. And I think it would be more accurate to say, ‘If Danjuma and Billing start well and play how they can then they won’t live with us.’

Does anyone really believe that we have the mentality or fight to go up? Brentford will know that all they have to do is repeat their performance of a few weeks ago, sit back on us and mark Danjuma tightly. We have no answer to this, haven’t really all season. Not enough fighters (physically and mentally) in this team to supplement the quality we have. We really lack leaders on the pitch and it shows.
So basically it's the players fault now after all.

Come on now. They are a better side than us, let’s not kid ourselves. And I think it would be more accurate to say, ‘If Danjuma and Billing start well and play how they can then they won’t live with us.’
They are in the play offs , as like us have not been good enough to get automatic promotion.
I believe our level when we are close to our best is better than theirs, If we get to that level.
True Danjuma and billing need to start well.

;