Summer Training Camp - Spain

what that proved was..we have some talented youngsters but apart from anthony shearing and rossi...the rest meehhh,,,not good enough but need loans at reasonable level to see IF they will make it...left back is an achilles heel position and the young lad zemora?? had a mare

Would never read too much into these sort of games. Quite a few first team not there, Granada are a decent outfit but probably at least two weeks behind in their pre season. Liked the look of Anthony, thought Dom was decent and took his goal well. Think the keeper position might be a problem but then again, Begs wasn’t great in pre season last year. Woodman would be a good addition if we could get him.

Uff, it's only be preseason, but I'd say Scott Parker has a pretty tough job on his hands. Without Danjuma we have no spark at all and it's difficult to see where it will come from at the moment.

I saw the first half and last 10. Looked good during those.

Not sure how the back post was so exposed a couple of times.

I also knew that ref would allow the wall to advance a lot before the kick was taken
Definitely had two awful homer refs in Spain this time, never really an issue in previous years. Thought Granada were very agricultural with our players at times but the ref was reluctant to give us anything.
I’m just annoyed that for the second game in a row under the new regime we had established players out there content to just go through the motions.
I really hope that Parker backs up his words with actions. That simply wasn’t good enough from our highest earners !

I'm beginning to think that Jonathan Woodgate is the only manager Phil Billing will give an effort for. And Neil Moss was greatly underrated.

Glad to see Dom happy, though!

Think this training camp is a week too early as it turns out as we only have one of the new signings on board.

Don’t read too much into the two games but some worrying signs that we have seen before - Kelly rash challenge for a penalty; full backs exposed defensively for a couple of goals; couple of weak clearances from Stacey; smith’s man free at far post; another soft goal conceded by travers; brooks looking ineffective. Not sure many of these will change with extra pre season work tbh.

Plus side is that some of u21 show the right mentality and attitude to do well. Not quite promotion quality yet but a likeable group of players.

Still, not to worry, plenty of time yet to work on playing style and getting the forward line to gel. Dom looks sharp and in the zone which is a big plus.

I saw the first half and last 10. Looked good during those..
Exactly. First half a lot of control and good quick passing movement. I know the 'kids' tried in the second half but I didnt see what some others saw that they were better than the senior players

Cut the first team some slack, they were very good in the first half but just ran out of steam in the second. Adjusting to a new high intensity pressing style, only half way through pre season and in the blistering heat. To be expected really.

Cut the first team some slack, they were very good in the first half but just ran out of steam in the second. Adjusting to a new high intensity pressing style, only half way through pre season and in the blistering heat. To be expected really.

Don't disagree with this. I only saw the last 15 mins or so of the first half but they were well in control.

Anything to be read into L Cook training with Pearson #Partnerships.
Ps. Been working all day catching up on all these treads so excuse me if I am behind discussions

;