Summer transfer rumours

david brooks a similar highly rated young talent to lewis cook a year or so ago

other bigger pl clubs interested in him so, same as tierney, it’d be a big result if he chose us

At keast we know he already looks alright in red n black though, that's got to be worth a bit in the bargaining process

edit: big lad too, and decent passing stats, seems an EH style player, but wanting him doesn't mean getting him

His scoring stats don’t seem that great, but we know that’s only part of the whole picture. Guessing you’ve seen a bit of him? Would he improve us?

I would like his height upfront. He is not afraid to stick his head in where others don't.
Getting a decent cross in, and he will attack it.

He seems to read the back line very well and times his runs to perfection.

He would certainly improve us...but at the price being mooted around???

£10 million being quoted as what we're looking to bid and also says we tried to get him in the January window.

http://www.sportinastorm.com/premie...-championship-wonderkid-revealed/x1y9z2430404

One of the main contributors to the Football Manager community is a big Sheffield United fan and has been raving about Brooks in real life all season. I suspect he’d envisage the player going to a bigger club but we seem to have that effect on other fans!

From what I gather he is a technical deep lying forward or attacking central midfielder. Ideal for the no 10 position than an out and out striker. Sounds exactly what we’ve lacked for some time but the question remains as to how long he’d take to adapt

We haven’t on the whole been lucky with foreign players who haven’t played in this country before.

Lys Mousset is work in progress but looking very promising and getting more game time.

Eddie seems to prefer to sign players from in our leagues.

a potential cb option looks like he’ll be heading to another pl club

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2018/may/15/swansea-alfie-mawson-lukasz-fabianski

Mawson has scored a couple of belting goals and looked generally decent in a poor side, but that has made him significantly overhyped and overrated. He's arguably marginally better than Steve Cook, and is 3 years younger than Steve Cook. If Mawson was offered to us at a reasonable price, I think he would do a job for us. But because of said hype and overrating, he'll cost more than we'd be prepared to pay and more in wages as well.

...Steve Cook is learning all the time and will only improve IMO...Mawson would cost us dear and not sure if would be best value for us...we have Mings back so CB is not an urgent position to cover, the full back cover is more acute as well as a defensive midfielder?

According to the stats on whoscored.com Steve Cook has been a better defender than Mawson over the course of the season -and by their calculations only marginally inferior to Nathan Ake.

According to the stats on whoscored.com Steve Cook has been a better defender than Mawson over the course of the season -and by their calculations only marginally inferior to Nathan Ake.
How does he compare to Harry Maguire I wonder?

;