Summer transfer rumours

About as unlikely a signing as I can think of us to make.

1. He's not young so potential resale value is limited
2. He'd be on a (for us) very high wage
3. He can be injury prone and so a big risk for us relative to his % of budget taking up
4. It's a position where we currently are overstocked, never mind needing reinforcements.
5. He never played for us before (which can negate all of the above)

If we do want Mepham than surely it makes sense to make our best offer now, rather than wait until Leicester have a mountain of cash for Maguire on transfer deadline day!

If we do want Mepham than surely it makes sense to make our best offer now, rather than wait until Leicester have a mountain of cash for Maguire on transfer deadline day!

I’m not quite sure it works as simply as that. As we’ve seen with Lerma, negotiations will be ongoing way before any formal bid is accepted. Brentford will know exactly what Leicester will be willing to pay so we wait as late as possible before accepting any bid by us.

FWIW I think Brentford are going all out for promotion and won’t accept any bid as they believe the PL riches are greater reward. Just throwing this out there, but if the cash is almost irrelevant, a swap deal with Arter might be an option if they were prepared to sacrifice a young defender for an experienced Championship winning midfield in their promotion push?

Brinkmanship for Grealish..... typical shady Levy. He will go.

For Cook to get over the line they would have to have been working on it before now.

Cook is a completely different type of player to Grealish, they make no sense as alternatives of each other. It's only Spurs fans scrabbling around trying to second guess their club's options.

;