Summer transfer rumours

SSN this morning.

Seems the price has nearly halved.

Sky sources understand Bournemouth remain in talks with Levante over the signing of midfielder Jefferson Lerma.

We are told the discussions over a £17m deal have been positive but there is still some work to do as Lerma would require a work permit.

However, personal terms are not expected to be a problem. Lerma was part of Colombia’s World Cup squad.

Blimey! Nearly 50% cheaper than yesterday!
Is he part of the Amazon Prime sale?
If so expect him to arrive with slightly damaged packaging.

If you haven’t read it today, an article on interview with Eddie by the Echo, from AFCB’s training camp in Spain.

BOSS Eddie Howe said he planned to keep the core of his squad British – after giving more minutes to English players in the Premier League last season than any other manager.

Cherries topped the charts with 24,202 minutes, finishing ahead of Everton (20,884) and Burnley (17,715), while Chelsea (2,764) gave the least game-time to English players.

One of Cherries’ biggest plusses last season was the emergence of midfielder Lewis Cook who won his first cap for England and was on stand-by for their World Cup squad.

http://www.bournemouthecho.co.uk/sp...will-also-look-to-foreign-market-for-players/

What I'd love RIGHT now is a PL directive that states 8 players in every starting 11 have to be English/Homegrown.

We'd win the league easy (or at least **************** it up thanks to an awful couple of months post Christmas and finish top 4).

What I'd love RIGHT now is a PL directive that states 8 players in every starting 11 have to be English/Homegrown.

We'd win the league easy (or at least **** it up thanks to an awful couple of months post Christmas and finish top 4).

Isn't there already a ruling similar to that? However, homegrown does not mean British, it means that the player has been with the club X years and developed through the ranks...??? I think...

Isn't there already a ruling similar to that? However, homegrown does not mean British, it means that the player has been with the club X years and developed through the ranks...??? I think...

For example Dutchman Nathan Ake is I believe home grown player to us, because of his years in the Chelsea ranks. A lot of these big clubs pick up European kids against 15 and by the time they get to first team age around 19, they're classed as home grown.

I believe we as in the FA are unable to specify English or British nationals due to UEFA regulations based on EU freedom of movement and goods etc. The UEFA homegrown criteria is as close as we can get. If the FA tried to impose an English or British criteria it would get taken to court.

According to SSN, Brentford are about to sell a CB (John Egan - £4mn) to Sheff U. If accurate, I wonder if this finally knocks on the head our bid for Mepham. Pity - I like the look of him and Eddie clearly thinks he's a prospect.

At last ...I've ditched all my ideals about where players come from.
I won't bore you with how I reached that U-turn. All that matters now is supporting whoever pulls on the Magic RednBlack Stripes!

The PL is such a huge money driven phenomenon that it's just best to accept what you can't change!

I've also toned down unrealistic dreams of Boscombe becoming a Barcelona of the South Coast! The Stadium might not happen before I'm 80 in 2030 so another dream of being in the top 6 or so in this two-tier league is also off my radar.....is there any point us being in something we can't aspire to win ?
People like me would still support the club, even as far down as Non League anyway!
I'm so pleased to have known us beating Arsenal and Chelsea on the bounce, likewise Chelsea and Man U in the first season up plus other surprises!
If the hierarchy can't take it any further, then those occasional peaks and excitements are all we can hope for the immediate future!

That's actually a very good point. Freedom to move and work could very well affect players from the EU. A lot of players could end up needing permits.

They'll be a fudge created. The PL is too much of a global soft power for England for the government not to want to protect that.

He who hesitates...it does make you wonder what is actually going on behind the scenes at the club...

Seriously? I mean do you really think we aren’t working our arses off to recruit the best players, with the right attitudes for the best value? Let the media have their fun with their guesswork. We can debate what’s actually going on when we see how any potential new signings perform

Seriously? I mean do you really think we aren’t working our arses off to recruit the best players, with the right attitudes for the best value? Let the media have their fun with their guesswork. We can debate what’s actually going on when we see how any potential new signings perform
Did I say that? No. That said our recruitment in recent times, given the scouting structure we supposedly have in place across Europe and comparing the activities of other similar clubs, is not overly impressive.

;